05-10-10, 07:35 AM   #1
Davidlloyd83
A Murloc Raider
Looking for addon

Hey guys hopefully some one can help me here , im looking for a dot timer for my shadow priest i tried out the addon dottimer and that not what im looking for its far to complex.

All i want is it to show only MY damaging spells on the target and how long they have left like shadow word pain etc.
Im pretty sure i have seen something like this on some one's screen shot of their ui once but cant find it again, it looked like spell buttons with bars growing upwards above each spell that emptied as the spells duration decreased.

Any help would be appreiciated.
05-10-10, 07:52 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could try inline aura. That works with OmniCC if you use that for your cooldowns.

Both insert numbers on your action bars to reflect their respective values. OmniCC deals with the cooldowns and inline aura deals with dots on your target. You can configure inline aura so that it is positioned in a different location to omniCC on the button so that they don't clash.

I found it very handy for timing refreshing of the dots.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-10-10, 08:09 AM   #3
Davidlloyd83
A Murloc Raider
Thx i will have a look at it and try it out . im using quartz's built in one atm but i find it to small and i would like it to be a seperate addon that i can position some where i choose on my ui.
05-10-10, 02:20 PM   #4
Darkorical
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
an easy solution I found was I use Macaroon for my action bars/buttons I just used it and turned on the timers included and made duplicate buttons that were larger and easier to see and just use them as timers (these can be made unclickable and translucent)
05-10-10, 06:30 PM   #5
Davidlloyd83
A Murloc Raider
Well im getting by with quartz atm thx for the suggestions guys but not what im after , damn shame i cant find that screenshot of the addon i want .... the search continues
05-10-10, 06:52 PM   #6
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

There are dozens of DoT timers, but I personally use a simple filtered frame in Satrina Buff Frames. You can create a frame which is filtered to only shows de/buffs you can and did cast, which is good enough for me.

NeedToKnow would be a good choice if you only have a handful of specific DoTs you want tracked. There's also the more visually 'enhanced' option, CoolLine, or you could just go for plain old DoTimer.

Basically, it's personal prefence.
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-10-10, 07:33 PM   #7
Demøn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I use satrina's buff frames too - it's super easy to do. Check the 'whitelist' option and then go to the filters and add n=spell name that you want to show and only those spells will be shown in the frame. It's a nifty way to go about it for procs and personal debuffs sometimes too
05-11-10, 08:30 AM   #8
Davidlloyd83
A Murloc Raider
Thats a good idea actually thx guys . i actually just started to use satrina but never thought of using it like that .

Thx alot.
05-11-10, 08:40 AM   #9
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

You're welcome! Learn to love SBF, it truly is awesome. Oh, and Power Auras Classic too, which is great for a visual reminder of when, for example, Battle Shout isn't up. I used to use a big lion face near the bottom of my screen for this purpose. :3
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa
05-11-10, 10:57 AM   #10
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Timers

Sexycooldown and Fortexcorcist are both good examples of this, or I'm totally confused, lol~
05-12-10, 09:29 PM   #11
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
One more?

I don't know if you use nameplates for your targets, but I've found PlateBuffs to be invaluable.

My SPriest uses keybinds and @mouseover macros, so SW:Pain is eaily tracked and refreshed for multiple mobs (although I have trouble keeping it up on 4 or more mobs).

For boss fights, I've found CompactBars to be my DoT timer of choice. I also set up Power Auras to show when the DoTs (SWP, Dev.Plague, VT) are not on target and when spells (MB, S.fiend, PWD) are off of cooldown.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for addon