View Poll Results: Black Ops? Flop Or Not!
Not a Flop! 15 65.22%
Flop! 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

11-12-10, 05:05 AM   #1
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Black Ops? Flop or not?

How do you feel about Black Ops? Did the hype deliver the game as promised to you?

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-12-10, 05:39 AM   #2
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

When the game is working it's awesome. When it's not, I feel like stabbing myself in the eyes.
11-12-10, 07:42 AM   #3
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Eh... we don't have it yet :P
11-12-10, 09:54 AM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

We had it since the 9th :P.
I'm loving it so far. It has some bugs and it's annoying that you can't party with your friends to make sure you get on the same team, but the weapons are more balanced now and the maps are slightly better than mw2 (Could be improved though).

I have no fps/lag problems so I'm fine. Got to lvl 50 in the first 2 days ;P

11-12-10, 10:04 AM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Wish I could answer this, Amazon has not delivered the game to me yet although I did check the box that I wanted it delivered on the ninth when it came out. I am a bit annoyed.

- Winston Churchill
11-12-10, 11:30 AM   #6
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Honestly Its not just black ops, but all games lately are on the decline to me.

Companies are sacrificing too much for graphics. Yeah the latest games look pretty but they are getting a tad redundant.

Where are the story lines, and the things to do. I would rather have a really fun ass game over a nicer looking one any day.

The early shooters for example. Doom/Duke/Wolf3d/Even the half life series, were all really fun to play and there was alot more involved than just shoot this guy and you win..

Sorry for rant, but thats my two cents.
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)
11-12-10, 12:21 PM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

blkdrgn, try the Fallout series - both Fallout3 and Fallout:NV are excellent FPS/RPG hybrids that involve a deep, complex storyline, a plethora of interesting sidestories (sidequests), and large worlds to explore. And they're also both very pretty games. :-)
11-12-10, 12:46 PM   #8
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post

Companies are sacrificing too much for graphics. Yeah the latest games look pretty but they are getting a tad redundant.

Where are the story lines, and the things to do. I would rather have a really fun ass game over a nicer looking one any day.

The early shooters for example. Doom/Duke/Wolf3d/Even the half life series, were all really fun to play and there was alot more involved than just shoot this guy and you win..

This is why I got Minecraft. It's tons of fun, with a world where graphics DON'T make the game.
11-12-10, 03:52 PM   #9
Spiderkeg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post

Blkdrgn, not sure if you have yourself a PS3, but both Uncharted games are superbly done. If you haven't tried Bioshock (1 and 2) then I highly recommend. All four of these games offer a great plot and rich visuals.
11-12-10, 06:10 PM   #10
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

If they ever did a Fallout MMO (and did it right), I could easily see it being the WoW killer people have been predicting for a while now.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
11-12-10, 09:45 PM   #11
Xubera
A Cobalt Mageweaver

My issue with the BO maps is that there seems to be spots where they want people to have sniper nests. In MW2, there is not one spot (atleast one with a decent vantage) where you cannot access it from more than one direction.

There are a few spots in the BO maps, like Crisis, where they have one way nests. All you need to do is get a claymore, flak jacket, and a sniper, and your set in a nest for a few kills

▲ ▲ WoWInterface wont let me triforce >.>
11-13-10, 10:33 AM   #12
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Not sure it would be a WoW Killer, but it WOULD most likely prove a bigger pull than any other MMO released to date. It might even be able to get over 1M subscribers and stay there, unlike pretty much any other MMO.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Black Ops? Flop or not?