09-05-11, 01:11 AM   #1301
Berb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Looking good, Alza.

09-05-11, 04:45 AM   #1302
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by ALZA View Post
Back to my original '09 design. Anything to improve?
This is one of my all-time favorite UIs. Don't change a thing. Glad to see you're back

09-05-11, 09:29 AM   #1303
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Looks fine, just don't like the color of powerbar looks to dark babyblue it should be!
I think that is the default mana color .

09-05-11, 11:34 AM   #1304
Airoz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by deemaxm View Post
This is my last version -DeeUi V3

Feedback highly apreciated

(trying to upload it here but dono why i cant get it accepted , read all condions etc.) Only think i supose to be a problem is fact that the arhived pack has 15,8mb and i read somewhere that it should be under 6mb wich i see kinda impossible for and addon package
I like this UI!
Gonna try it out

Airoz - 100 Undead Warlock (Shu'halo-US)

Last edited by Airoz : 09-05-11 at 11:36 AM.

09-06-11, 07:09 AM   #1305
ALZA
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Alza is back? Epic. I learned so much from your UI

I'd say maybe decrease the height of the power bar just a little and put the text on unit frames a little closer to the main frame. Looks great other than that.
Done, power bar is 2px now (was 3px). Same about text, now with 2px indent.

Originally Posted by Game92 View Post
Looks fine, just don't like the color of powerbar looks to dark babyblue it should be!
Nice idea! Working on custom colors.

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
This is one of my all-time favorite UIs. Don't change a thing. Glad to see you're back
Design will remain the same, but tons of small changes are on the way.

And thanks everyone =)

Latest edit of caleNameplates:

Aggro colored, icon border changes to red on non-interruptible casts. Styled like UFs.

Small note: I won't release "new ALZAUI". Buy I'll share the interface soon, so anyone with the desire will be able to make "fan update" or simply use any part of shared code. Though, I have not so many really original ideas.

09-06-11, 08:06 AM   #1306
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

@ALZA
I sure hope your gonna update Aero :P

Tukui | Github

09-06-11, 09:29 AM   #1307
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Aero still works, you just need to update the frame names to what they are currently.

09-06-11, 11:52 AM   #1308
jasje
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Aero still works, you just need to update the frame names to what they are currently.
Thanks for letting me know, lets get some frame names then

Tukui | Github

09-08-11, 05:02 AM   #1309
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by jasje View Post
Thanks for letting me know, lets get some frame names then
Yes please!

09-08-11, 09:00 AM   #1310
Grazi
A Defias Bandit
This is what I´m currently working on:

http://h5.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_090811_165q8ni.jpg

C&C please . And thank you NIN for your awesome Unitframes.

Last edited by Grazi : 09-08-11 at 09:02 AM.

09-08-11, 09:16 AM   #1311
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I've posted an update with the latest frames on the Aero comments page.

@ Grazi; I really like that the timer bars seem rather impractically placed though, in my eyes.

09-08-11, 09:21 AM   #1312
Grazi
A Defias Bandit
@ Grazi; I really like that the timer bars seem rather impractically placed though, in my eyes.
The timer bars are the BigWigs bars. But I´m still not sure about the width and position of the bars. Got a better idea ?

09-08-11, 09:25 AM   #1313
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
I would say underneath the player frame, if you can move ToT somewhere else.

09-08-11, 09:33 AM   #1314
Grazi
A Defias Bandit
I would say underneath the player frame, if you can move ToT somewhere else.
The player frame is the one in the middle of the screen . I will try some different positions and sizes and decide afterwards. But thanks for your help.

09-08-11, 04:23 PM   #1315
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Ze new lootframe!

Some random thingy ;>

Last edited by Aftermathhqt : 09-08-11 at 04:27 PM.

09-09-11, 04:40 AM   #1316
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

@Game92
What is the purpose of the portrait on the loot frame? It seems quite redundant considering you're already showing your target's portrait. When you loot something, it becomes your target...

09-09-11, 04:45 AM   #1317
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ForeverTheGM View Post
@Game92
What is the purpose of the portrait on the loot frame? It seems quite redundant considering you're already showing your target's portrait. When you loot something, it becomes your target...
I don't know i like it

09-10-11, 01:44 PM   #1318
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
my rothui edit

Im toying with ideas atm, what im basicly looking for in the end is a minimal ui, with wich it displays needed information in a nonintrusive and at best not in the way and at the same time readable from peripheral view(go tunnelers!). Minimal amount of art themed around class and spec, while maximizing actual in-game screen space. In a full 25 and or 40player raid enviorment.

A real upfront lack of numbers in general, cause, numbers arnt fun. You need the number information normally to recheck something, id rather it not be on the screen all the time unless i want\need it to. Its just not a visually appealing way to display information at all times.

So less numbers on the screen the better imo. Anyway as you can see its not nearly a visual wonder to look upon, but once iv figured out the best way to display stuff the style should normalize to something consistently and hopefully have that nice look of a real ui compilation. Im taking inspiration from action based games where temporary icons/sounds/animations and such tell you all you need to know about your current situation, without numbers, like ehm power ups and or powerdowns i guess.

When you get down to it once you know your class/spec/encounter, ur actually not spending alot of time looking at your ui cause "you know it like the back of your hand". Apart from healers i guess who need to worry about raidframes constantly. This is something i want to involve aswell, not currently playing any healer class so i just havnt worried about it to much. But my initial idea is to move the raidframes where my current runes, gcd and coollines(the addon) are. It seem like the best way to keep an eye on the entire raid while still doing your thing on the battlefield.

Anyways im still at the point of how i want information to be displayed what information really is critical, and what just doesn't need to be seen other then by a tooltip for details or perhaps maybe some sort of cheat-sheet button, for like bindings and or other details on screen if you actually need them. lets say i bind my toggle details to h, or some other accessible button. keeping my ui almost number free and animations to display information keeping it fun and clean.

As you can see iv only included icons for spells which actually have a cool-down, the rest are not actually needed on screen, as long as you can remember what key they are bound to(a hint key showing all your spells and what there binded to would be cool, (lol just covered that awell), and where your global cooldown is at, which i have solved in a crafty way imo =) its the frosty line that goes form healthorb to runic power orb if you didnt notice . I really didn't like the old design of the gcd being displayed on every other icon, so ugly and distracting.

Something i really want to do is replace my buff bar so that it only shows stuff that im missing, and target debuffs aswell. Since some are implemented in both ways. And normally you usually want to know what buffs/debuffs your missing more than what buffs you currently have. In my case anyway. that would free up some screenspace, quite a bit imo, and also let you know if somethings missing, wich can be hard to decipher without special addon(s). Another benefit would be towards your short buffs which your probably already tracking via powerauras/weakauras already anyway, but if you wherent there would be alot less icons to keep track of. Ie less distracting.

Looking for any and all type of feedback, and or discussions, links, hints, captain obvious's statement's, proffessor
write's comments on spelling and formating or doctor fails harsh words of wonder. But please keep the lols at my failing on the encounter to a minimum =).

Thank you for your input or otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/rhozac

edit: if anyone knows why those icons in my "hidden in combat" chatframe are still showing please let me know, annoying.

Last edited by zoktar : 09-10-11 at 01:50 PM.

09-10-11, 02:14 PM   #1319
nelothi
An Aku'mai Servant
you have inspired me greatly.

can you release your edit? id love to play with it

09-10-11, 07:55 PM   #1320
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by nelothi View Post
you have inspired me greatly.

can you release your edit? id love to play with it
its kind of a mess of stuff, but yeah sure if there is enough interest, iv seen worse packages around, will have to do some copy pasting so i dont upload gigs worth of junk .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » UI Feedback Thread