08-29-12, 05:41 AM   #1
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Help with quest objectives on Map, please!

First, please forgive me if my terminology is bad and I am not explaining my problem very well. I upgraded to Rythal's version of Carbonite today and I am having two problems. I am guessing that it is simply a matter of not knowing where the correct settings in the options are.

The first problem is that quest objectives are no longer showing areas on the map. There are points on the map, but where it used to have colored in areas, they are missing. For instance, if you need to kill 10 trolls, the colored area used to cover the entire area where these trolls would be, but now there is just a dot in the center of where the trolls are. I much preferred having the colored in area that showed all of the possible locations for your objectives.

Second, I am not getting a "Quest Complete" message in the chat pane. That's a really nice feature, especially when working on several quests in a single area and many of the quests could have multiple objectives.

Anyway, if anyone can please tell me where I might toggle these features back on, I would greatly appreciate it. I have scoured the options to the best of my ability and can't figure it out.

Thank you very much!

08-29-12, 07:45 AM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
if quest objectives are not shading the map, you need to go into the carbonite options, under Quest, and click the check box "Use Carbonite POI's" which lets it use the old system for quest tracking.

08-29-12, 08:19 AM   #3
StrangeShay
A Murloc Raider

I am looking at the Quest section of the Options and I don't have a "Use Carbonite POI's" listed. Is it possible another addon is causing an issue?

08-29-12, 08:30 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
When did you install? I uploaded a changed version with the Carbonite Quest option around 2:30 this morning ... really need to find a better way to let people know there's a new version

08-29-12, 08:47 AM   #5
StrangeShay
A Murloc Raider

That did it. I should have checked for a new version before I posted. But now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

08-29-12, 02:46 PM   #6
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Thank you so much! I love it when I post a question that is driving me bonkers before I go to bed and then wake up in the morning to an answer that fixes it! I downloaded the later version and it is showing the quest objectives with the colored in areas now!

I have not had the opportunity to go out questing yet and won't be able to until later tonight after work. Can you tell me if that also fixed the announcements in the chat box for quest completion?

Thanks so much!

08-29-12, 03:44 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
Thank you so much! I love it when I post a question that is driving me bonkers before I go to bed and then wake up in the morning to an answer that fixes it! I downloaded the later version and it is showing the quest objectives with the colored in areas now!

I have not had the opportunity to go out questing yet and won't be able to until later tonight after work. Can you tell me if that also fixed the announcements in the chat box for quest completion?

Thanks so much!

it should, the difference between the two is one is the data that's been gathered by the two developers so because it knows everything about the quest it's able to do things like announce it's complete and shade parts of the map. The other was a stop gap fix because so many quests have changed in the new patch and it was leading people the wrong places, so if someone is finding that happen they can switch over to blizzard tracking which unfortunately at this time is only partially working for tracking and not at all for announcing.

I would love to update the quest database myself, but they have it encoded (or so it appears at a quick view) and while I could decode it since the source is open and the unencyption has to be in the source somewhere ..... I think that would be really pushing it as fan update.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Help with quest objectives on Map, please!