04-17-15, 06:43 PM   #21
10leej
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by rocnroll View Post
I have Chrome installed, but I like Firefox better, it is not as polished as Chrome. Plus, I am still not certain what Google sees from my Chrome browser. I need to research it more.
Your non private browsing history and bookmarks are shared with google

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
The real issue is with the Firefox'es flash support, thats the main reason i switched to Chome, all flash releated stuff was laggy as hell. Chome has it's own built in flash (stolen from Linux) and its super smooth.
Not stolen, gifted by Adobe. Via benefits

Last edited by 10leej : 04-17-15 at 06:45 PM.
04-17-15, 07:15 PM   #22
MoonWitch
A Firelord
This bug is in every Windows system since the last ~15-20 years.
Never had USB speakers before, never will again. Sad though, they were JBL Pebbles. Extremely nice sound... But I can't deal with the replugging all the damn time (Disable Device actually doesn't even work on it, they turn on on their own and crash the entire system. I've had them unplugged and not a single hitch since.)

Oh well. Return to the store they go.

Anyone any proper speakers that use my onboard soundcard - and are analogue?
04-17-15, 09:26 PM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have these and am pretty satisfied with them: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836116024
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-18-15, 03:12 AM   #24
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

The real issue is with the Firefox'es flash support, thats the main reason i switched to Chome, all flash releated stuff was laggy as hell. Chome has it's own built in flash (stolen from Linux) and its super smooth.
Flash support in Linux has always been terrible. Adobe's Flash player for Linux is notorious for being a CPU/memory hog thus most of the Linux geeks I know (myself included) avoid it. Fortunately for Flash appears to be slowly dying as more sites abandon the use of Flash/Actionscript and switch to using HTML5. The only issues I have run into is some sites still use Flash video players or my browser does not have the codec support baked in. However the latter issue is becoming rarer as Firefox has been gifted with h.264 support so most Mpeg 4 video will play fine.

I have never liked Chrome, instead I use other WebKit/Blink based browsers when Firefox is not behaving. Many of them come with the PepperFlash plug-in from Chrome. Regarding privacy, if you still want to use Chrome, you may want to consider either SR Ironware (Chrome without all the privacy issues) or what most Web/Blink based browser are built on: Chromium.
04-18-15, 07:30 AM   #25
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I have these and am pretty satisfied with them: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836116024
Thanks, I am pretty gutted that I can't use these speakers - well I can, but unplugging, uninstalling drivers and plugging/installing every single use is too much for me.
04-18-15, 06:47 PM   #26
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
Flash support in Linux has always been terrible. Adobe's Flash player for Linux is notorious for being a CPU/memory hog thus most of the Linux geeks I know (myself included) avoid it. Fortunately for Flash appears to be slowly dying as more sites abandon the use of Flash/Actionscript and switch to using HTML5. The only issues I have run into is some sites still use Flash video players or my browser does not have the codec support baked in. However the latter issue is becoming rarer as Firefox has been gifted with h.264 support so most Mpeg 4 video will play fine.

I have never liked Chrome, instead I use other WebKit/Blink based browsers when Firefox is not behaving. Many of them come with the PepperFlash plug-in from Chrome. Regarding privacy, if you still want to use Chrome, you may want to consider either SR Ironware (Chrome without all the privacy issues) or what most Web/Blink based browser are built on: Chromium.
PepperFlash has been made for Debian, if you use the Adobe one it's your fault. :P

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » New machine...