07-15-08, 07:57 PM   #1
NikolaeChaos
A Murloc Raider
Question Problems with Cartographer

I just downloaded cartographer, my first addon. I have made sure there are not any folders inside of the other folders and this is my file path: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns

The Addon button is there on my character select screen and the Addon Preferences button is there when log into my character. The problem is that nothing is working. Everything is enabled but the coords are not showing up on my screen or on my map. Not sure if I did something wrong or if I just didn't do something I was supposed to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Nikolae Chaos
07-15-08, 09:08 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you getting any errors? (Make sure you aren't hiding error messages in Interface Options)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-16-08, 08:39 PM   #3
NikolaeChaos
A Murloc Raider
The only error message that came up was as follows:

AddOns\LibGuildPositions-1.0\LibGuildPositions-1.0.lua:48:Cannot find a library instance of "Callback Handler-1.0

That is all I have gotten so far.
07-16-08, 10:44 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Try the latest version from http://files.wowace.com
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-17-08, 09:51 PM   #5
NikolaeChaos
A Murloc Raider
I downloaded the newest from WoWAce.com and it still isnt working. I did notice that in the AddOn selection it is showing this:

Lib:LibStub out of date
Lib:PeriodicTable-3.1[Her... Dependency Missing
Lib:PeriodicTable-3.1[Inst... Dependency Missing

I'malso getting this error message now:
Interface\AddOns\Cartographer\Cartographer.lua:7:Cannot find a library instance of Dewdrop-2.0

I don't know if this will help you figure out what is wrong but I sure hope so. Also, I disabled the three I mention at the top of this because I thought they might cause a problem. They were showing up in red letters in the menu. I hope you can help.

Nikolae Chaos
07-17-08, 09:55 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
what are you doing when downloading and installing? Getting it from the page that I linked would include all of the libraries. And do you have "Load Out of Date Addons" checked on your addons screen?

07-18-08, 08:02 AM   #7
NikolaeChaos
A Murloc Raider
No, I do not have "Load out of date Add Ons" checked on the Add Ons screen. When I download and install I just open the file, extract all of the files and move the Cartographer file to C:\ProgramFiles\WorldofWarcraft\Interface\AddOns.
Then, I make sure there are no folders inside of any of the other folders. The folder named 'libs' is completely empty now, there is nothing in it. All of the folders named 'Lib Stub' I emptied into the folder that they were already in because when I went to put them into the Add Ons folder my comp kept trying to replace and delete the existing files beacuse they were all named the same thing. I wiped out all of the Cartographer files and tried loading it again and still get the same error message. I don't know what is goin on. Hope you can help me.

Nikolae Chaos
07-18-08, 10:44 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by NikolaeChaos View Post
The folder named 'libs' is completely empty now, there is nothing in it. All of the folders named 'Lib Stub' I emptied into the folder that they were already in because when I went to put them into the Add Ons folder my comp kept trying to replace and delete the existing files beacuse they were all named the same thing.
This is your problem. You're messing with the libraries instead of just leaving them be.

07-18-08, 09:09 PM   #9
NikolaeChaos
A Murloc Raider
Ok cool. Thanks, that worked. Now I have another small question though. I downloaded the Cartographer Data from wowace.com for the mining and herbalism mapnotes but I don't know how to access them. Can someone tell me how?

Nikolae Chaos

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Problems with Cartographer