06-15-10, 01:29 PM   #1
j0hnzor
A Murloc Raider
Blurred Textures

I'm using stuf unit frames, but im not using borders. I'm using the backdrop to imitate a small clean 1px border, but I can't figure out why it's a bit blurry. I've tried everything, i turned down my multisampling to 1x and i got the macro for ui scaling but nothing is working.

--

sometimes the pixels are nice and clean, like exactly how i want them and then i'll move the frame and they get blurred again... any ideas or suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.
06-15-10, 01:44 PM   #2
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've always had this problem too, and it IS the fault of multisampling. I use a nVidia video card and used one of the nVidia tools to overwrite the WoW in-game multisampling setting to 1x(which means off) and never had a problem again.
06-15-10, 01:48 PM   #3
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Make sure you're using your monitor's "Native Resolution" - LCD/Plasma screens have a resolution at which they work best, and this is called their "Native" resolution.
06-15-10, 02:07 PM   #4
j0hnzor
A Murloc Raider
yeah i didn't think to check my multisampling on my video card, i have a ati 4890 so ill definitely check that tonight. as for my monitor i have a 23 inch hp @ 1920x1080.
06-15-10, 02:38 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
So you have a 1.77~ aspect ratio? (Just double-checking - my 24" is 1.6 with 1920x1200.) What resolution is WoW set to in video options? Are your action buttons square and your minimap a circle (or square)? You wouldn't *believe* how many UI screenshots we've seen where the resolution is set incorrectly, so I'm just covering bases.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-15-10, 06:35 PM   #6
j0hnzor
A Murloc Raider
im running at 1920x1080. everything is square, im just going for a clean minimalistic 1px border on everything. dominos, pminimap, sbf, stuf and acb

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Blurred Textures