10-20-10, 01:10 PM   #1
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Lua tips?

Code:
Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:98: attempt to index local 'frame' (a nil value):
GoldRaidManager-3.3.1.100119\GoldRaidManager.lua:169: in function `GRM_OnLoad'
<string>:"*:OnLoad":1: in function <[string "*:OnLoad"]:1>

Locals:

---
Trying to update an addon as a little project, and just wondering what the above error is trying to tell me.
10-20-10, 01:35 PM   #2
Ruinit
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
LOL I think we are trying to get the same addon fixed.
10-20-10, 02:52 PM   #3
Vrul
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like the addon you are trying to update is using the old global this, change this to self and see if you get a new error.
10-20-10, 03:28 PM   #4
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vrul View Post
Looks like the addon you are trying to update is using the old global this, change this to self and see if you get a new error.
This (pun intended)

...but often it will complain about 'this' specifically not 'frame' so it may be that frame is assigned to this or that the frame needs to be passed in (with this being OnLoad that's unlikely so it's possibly a reference) to something that's assuming a 'this' in a called function.

One way of resolving "this" that I've done in the various hackery I've been doing since 4.x, since self is passed as the 1st parameter very often, is convert ModName:FunctionName() to ModName:FunctionName(this) or (this, arg1) for some oldies-but-goodies -- just to save myself some re-typing -- and it's resolved a lot of those "frame or object is nil" issues. Sometimes you have to also take a calling function and force the pass ( somedamnfunction() to somedamnfunction(object, args) )

If none of that is of any help, shoot me a PM and I'll d/l the mod and take a peek.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Lua tips?