12-10-10, 01:25 PM   #1
egarland
A Kobold Labourer
Reserved space on the right hand side of the screen

By default the Blizzard UI will reserve space on the right hand side of the screen for button bars if you have them enabled. This space will cause bags to avoid the space on the right hand side of the screen when drawing and resizing and will shift the quest tracker and tooltips over as well.

I have not found a button bar addon that can reproduce this behavior or found any hints as to how it would be enabled or tweaked other than having the default blizzard UI button bars there.

It would appear that regardless of button bar addons, space is reserved at the bottom of the screen but I cant find anything that indicates how to adjust how much is reserved on either the bottom or the right. While you can manually adjust the position of all the items that would otherwise auto-position based on this point, that is tedious and it doesn't resize and reflow well. Adjusting the reserved space would be much preferable for most people.

Does anyone have some insight into how this mechanism works and how to tweak it?
12-10-10, 04:54 PM   #2
Darkorical
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Personally I simply use Drag em all and Move anything to put things where ever I want them Drag em all allow me to move them as I please and Move anything allows to set permanent position of any frame

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Reserved space on the right hand side of the screen