11-21-11, 10:57 PM   #1
Tankdin
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite outdated ?

Hi

When i log into wow i keep seeing a error that carbonite is outdated.
I have downloaded the latest version on wowinterface.com which is 4.220
is there a newer version then this and if so where can i find it ?

11-21-11, 11:30 PM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
4.22 is the current version for wow 4.2. Try asking in the Carbonite forums area. Maybe someone was beta testing an updated version for them or maybe its an known issue.

11-23-11, 12:29 AM   #3
jarda128
A Cyclonian
In my opinion the addon simple checks a date of last update and when there is
no update for long time ,it prints the message about that it is pretty old,it doesnt matter if there is a new version or not ...
So just the best option is ignore it ...

11-23-11, 01:45 AM   #4
Tankdin
A Defias Bandit
Thank you all

11-23-11, 10:10 AM   #5
schwim
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The developers really no longer "develop" this addon, but bug fix it(which I wholeheartedly appreciate!). It's commonplace now to get the nag(based on a timestamp) until the next big patch, at which time the addon breaks and we all come running back to the forum speculating about the devs' absence until they post a fixed beta. Then we get one or two updates to fix the obvious errors, rinse and repeat.

I'll see you guys when the next patch hits!

11-23-11, 08:02 PM   #6
OmegaExtreme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

If (like me) your sick and tired of the message flooding your chat box everytime you login do this

open up Carbonite.ua (World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite) in wordpad or notepad (i use notepad++)

do a search for "111122" (2011, Nov, 22)

change it do another date id suggest 121122 that way you get 1 year before the msg repeats itself.

05-06-12, 09:18 AM   #7
Stankymanky
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy end(ish) of Carbonite

Thanks for the heads up, I have donated in the past as this imho was really the best map/quest tracker/loot and money mod out there and am gonna be sad to see it go. But thanks for some closure. I understand things change, people get busy, real life gets in the way. I do think that if you do plan on keeping the donations page up you could at least tell people that there's a very good chance that it will never be updated past 4.3 otherwise it's kinda deceptive as folk assume that they are donating and supporting an active mod. This forces my hand though I will have to find a replacement now. Wow that sucks...

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite outdated ?