07-14-05, 06:10 AM   #1
Jasmartin90
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Total Noob needs help

Hi guys, total new noob here, enjoying the game, except for a few minor things. I read that you can change the UI, and thats Great. None of the programs I have seen though do what I need. Is there a program out there right now, that allows you to change to font size and in game text sixe more than a little? I have come across a couple, but they only allowed slight changes. I am legally blind, and though I have a big enough screen to be able to play and see my charicter with a little work, I have a near impossible time reading things such as possible quests scripting. Oh and if the program also happens to give the ability to change the size and position of items in the UI so much the better.

Thank you in Advance,
Your Humble Noob

JasMartin90
07-14-05, 06:32 AM   #2
Remelio

An option in the UI you might want to give a try is "UI Scale" - you'll probably want to make sure yours is all the way to the right (I think default is about 75% along the bar) and this will give you a little boost in the size of everything right off the bat.

In addition to that, you can get a mod called BetterFonts (link here) there are some instructions for bumping the font size up on the page and in the comments... dig through there a bit and you should find all the info you need to make your font as big as you want

Hope this helps!

Oh, also you might want to try SiMiHiOi (link here) which I've seen people use to change the size of their windows. It doesn't seem to have been updated in a while though, so I'm not sure how well it still works.

Last edited by Remelio : 07-14-05 at 06:35 AM.
07-14-05, 06:33 AM   #3
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
there are a few mods that allow changing of the fonts in-game, but none that allow full-scale changing and resizing on the fly. Maybe someone could reply with the feasibility of such a mod, but for now it is not there.

EQ has the ability to change font and size on the fly, I am surprised wow doesn't yet. Accessibility is your friend...
07-14-05, 11:13 AM   #4
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
dynamic font chagnes may be more possible in 1.7 with the new functions that Slouken is adding for us.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Total Noob needs help