08-11-13, 01:15 AM   #1
spewage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
5.3 Alpha 2 and GatherMate 2

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I cannot find it so far..

In the previous versions, I could get GM2 nodes to show up on the Carbonite map by pressing Alt-M to show the Blizzard worldmap - where the GM2 nodes would be happily sitting - and then Alt-M again back to Carbonite - and the nodes would come along for the ride.

Now this behavior no longer happens. Well, the first Alt-M still works, but no nodes appear in Carbonite. Is this intentional, or is there an option I haven't set somewhere?

Thanks in advance

08-11-13, 12:04 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I can't say why it's not working like that for you anymore. But I can ask you a question...

Do you know that Carb has it's own gatherer database?
It's quite good too..

Check out this thread (and the original thread linked in jeffy's post) to enable them..

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46397

08-12-13, 01:17 AM   #3
spewage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
JimJo,

Thanks for the pointer - I've tried that, and to be honest, I don't like a) the amount of nodes that are displayed (many fewer than GatherMate2) and b) the size of the icon (way too small imo).

Guess I'll just have to use Alt-M to flick back to the Blizz map to plan my farming ;-)

08-12-13, 07:40 AM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by spewage View Post
JimJo,

Thanks for the pointer - I've tried that, and to be honest, I don't like a) the amount of nodes that are displayed (many fewer than GatherMate2) and b) the size of the icon (way too small imo).

Guess I'll just have to use Alt-M to flick back to the Blizz map to plan my farming ;-)
The amount of nodes in the database is roughly 90% of the nodes that you get with gathermate2. BUT I think you will find that the major nodes are covered, with only the rare nodes that are not in the database.. I very rarely get a node that is not already marked.
I'll be the first to admit that the database is not complete, but Carb remembers the new nodes that you find (just like gm2)
If I remember correctly the nodes portion of carb is yet to be worked on.. I'm waiting to see what Rythal comes up with..

The icons can be re-sized as you wish... I can't remember how to do it as I am not at my home PC... I'll try to remember to add to this post when I get home..

*edit, Oh and there are large parts of pandaland that have no nodes.. But a few flyby's of the areas will get them.

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 08-12-13 at 07:42 AM.

08-12-13, 03:04 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Nodes is the next on my list... as for the plans, well... native GM2 I've already obtained the permission to allow carbonite to import / use GM2's data, I just need to implement it now.

08-12-13, 11:37 PM   #6
dragosbm
A Murloc Raider
Well, that is very good news, Rythal ! I am realy looking forward to reliable imports from GM2 data to Carbonite. Keep up the good work !

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 5.3 Alpha 2 and GatherMate 2