08-02-09, 11:32 PM   #1
tophy
A Kobold Labourer
Carbonite + Rare Spawn Overlay

It show be perfect if the Rare Spawn Overlay worked with carbonite because to lock for rares mobs opening and closing the usual world map is not good. So, if would be possible to put this addon into carbonite would be great.

08-10-09, 05:07 PM   #2
Seda
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by tophy View Post
It show be perfect if the Rare Spawn Overlay worked with carbonite because to lock for rares mobs opening and closing the usual world map is not good. So, if would be possible to put this addon into carbonite would be great.
I second this. If Carbonite could have it's own option to turn on/off a map (mini and main maps) overlay of the rare spawns, it would make life even more easier for finding those rare spawns for Frostbitten and Bloody Rare. Perhaps Carbonite could be compatible w/ one of the "rare spawn" locators.

Just my 2 cents =)

08-10-09, 05:40 PM   #3
jdhas
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Seda View Post
I second this. If Carbonite could have it's own option to turn on/off a map (mini and main maps) overlay of the rare spawns, it would make life even more easier for finding those rare spawns for Frostbitten and Bloody Rare. Perhaps Carbonite could be compatible w/ one of the "rare spawn" locators.

Just my 2 cents =)
I was literally thinking this VERY thing just this morning! Yes, having the Rare Spawn Overlay information (optionally) superimposed over the Carnonite map and mini-map would be AMAZING!

08-10-09, 06:56 PM   #4
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i belive there's been a frequant amount of posts on this subjext actually in the carbonite suggestion section. would be a fantastic feature, but lets face it :P more people gonna find them before u :P

08-10-09, 07:23 PM   #5
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
This is defintally something that can be done. VBut it would require one (or both really) of two optons.

Option 1) One of the Rare Spawn addon authors figuring out how to interact with the Carb map. Previously, before the new Blizz addon policy, the code was all obfuscated (jumbled up). Now it is more "legible" so one in theory could interact with the Carb map. The addon author could also contact the Carb devs see if they can give insight to how to do it.

Option 2) The Carb team adds their own overlay. Unfortunately the chances of this happening are pretty slim to none right now. The Carb team is currently busy with other projects right now and can not devote as much time as they used to to Carb. Because of this they are concentrating on keeping it working with the latest WoW patched as well as adding new features. Nothing is to say that this idea can't be on the list but if it is it's most likly going to be at the bottom

08-14-09, 10:55 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It can be done by other addon authors. Here is some info sent to an addon author in Jan, but I don't think he used it.

Drawning on Carb map:

If Nx exists then Carb is loaded.

Zone Point:
Nx.MapInitIconType ("!AddonName", "ZP", textureName, width, height)
Nx.MapAddIconPt ("!AddonName", mapName, zoneX, zoneY, textureName)

Zone Rectangle:
Nx.MapInitIconType ("!AddonName", "ZR") -- init zone rectangle type
local icon = Nx.MapAddIconRect ("!AddonName", mapName, zoneX, zoneY, zoneX2, zoneY2, color)
Nx.MapSetIconTip (icon, "text to tooltip")

Zone coords 0-100
Color "112233ff" -- "rrggbbaa" hex string

To remove the data, you would use MapInitIconType to clear it out and then add back only the icons/areas you want to see.

10-06-09, 05:11 PM   #7
Oyjord
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Any recent word on getting this Rare Overlay to work with Carbonite?

10-13-09, 12:14 AM   #8
front243
Premium Member
Premium Member
The author of NPCScan has made an overlay addon that works with Carbonite according to the docs:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...n-overlay.aspx

edit: tested by me and I can confirm it works

Last edited by front243 : 10-13-09 at 11:06 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite + Rare Spawn Overlay