03-16-10, 01:08 PM   #1
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

Question How do I turn off...

Hi,
I have my minimap merged with the carbonite map. When I click a quest in the tracker it sets a waypoint which I love. But, if the waypoint is far away it zooms the map out to a little tiny minimap which make it rather hard to see gathering nodes along the way (the new flashing thingy helps). Is there a way to turn off the dashed path line to the waypoint and the resizing of the minimap? The waypoint hud arrow is all I really need to get there.

Thanks,
Twidget

03-16-10, 07:41 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Easiest for the map resizing is to mouseover the minimized map frame, and uncheck the box in the upper right

The "Ant Trails" I think can be turned off in the /carb option somewhere, but I fail at remembering where

03-17-10, 07:28 AM   #3
Twidget
An Aku'mai Servant

Question

Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Easiest for the map resizing is to mouseover the minimized map frame, and uncheck the box in the upper right

The "Ant Trails" I think can be turned off in the /carb option somewhere, but I fail at remembering where
Hi,
You misunderstand me.
I am not trying to resize the map or turn off any trails (already turned these off btw)

What I am referring to is that when you click the dot beside a quest name/objective in the quest tracker, Carbonite automatically sets a waypoint which gives you a nice little pointing arrow hud like TomTom. This I want. What I don't want is that at the same time that it does this it also shows a "path" on the minimap to the waypoint. If the waypoint is far away it automatically shrinks the minimap imbeded in Carbonite and increases the size of it as you get close to the waypoint. I don't want it to do this because it makes it hard to see gathering nodes along the way.

Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks,
Twidget

03-17-10, 03:41 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can't turn it off, but you can uncheck the "Auto Scale" button at the top right corner of the map, so it does not zoom out.

03-28-10, 12:21 PM   #5
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You can also adjust the minimap so that it breaks out of the carb map when the carb map zoom hits a certain threshold. I.E. It doesn't matter how far out the carb map zooms, the minimap detail remains visible either integrated or to one size of the carb map.

It's been a while since I played with these options, but I *think* it was in the scale panel which you open by right-clicking on the carb map. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though

Last edited by Unbelievable : 03-28-10 at 12:23 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » How do I turn off...