09-25-07, 09:55 PM   #81
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by m4v3rlck
it was posted earlier to fix the problem with the hud staying up was to put the -- in front of all the places starting with self.hud, it fixed the problem with the hud staying up. i can page thru the action bars a few times and it fixes that issue, so that is now playable and the context menu is perfectly fine . just annoying to have to page thru 4 times to get the right action bar. My action bar paging goes as follows:

Start at normal ranged action bar >
normal melee action bar >
all same ranged action bar >
all same ranged action bar >
normal ranged action bar
You do not need to comment out the lines dealing with the hud. If you do the fix for the context menu, the hud works just fine. The HUD was originally not working because the startup process was dying in when the ContextMenu was being initialized so the rest of the code to finish the setup of the rest of the UI was not being ran.
09-25-07, 10:02 PM   #82
m4v3rlck
A Murloc Raider

Trinket Menu

I also have a problem with the trinket menu. One of them is out of place, not sure what caused this just happened on one of my reloads. Tried all the different options to get it back to where it was and i can't ctrl or alt or shift click on it to move it.

here's a pic of it

http://www.kazaimages.com/download.p...c3ef1575171ad0

Last edited by m4v3rlck : 09-25-07 at 10:08 PM.
09-25-07, 10:03 PM   #83
Morpheusdead
An Aku'mai Servant

Is it Tinytip or Duf ?

Ok I fixed the errors that have been previously mentioned in this thread but when ever I mouse over my toon's model or any model for that matter i get this error in bugsack.

10:57 BugSack: List of errors:
10:57 BugSack: 1. [2007/09/25 22:56:26-418-x4]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
10:57 Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor':
10:57 TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
10:57 (tail call): ?:
10:57 <in C code>: in function `GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
10:57 Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
10:57 DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_UnitFrame.lua:268: in function `DUF_UnitFrame_OnEnter'
10:57 <string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
10:57 ---

so what is causing this Tinytip or Discord I had downloaded a supposedly fixed version of duf on the wow OF but it caused even more errors so i reverted to the one in mazzleui 1.1 zip
09-25-07, 10:07 PM   #84
willOwispy
A Murloc Raider
thanks for all the fix suggestions so far. getting rid of self; in the .lua fixed the hud and the 3d character pics.

2 questions though:

1. how do u cycle through the action bars? is that the only way atm to somewhat fix the context menu?

2. ive never used wau before. i went to the site, dled the installer, but thats where my success ends. nothing updates, no matter what i click. any suggestions/help forums or installation walkthroughs?
09-25-07, 10:07 PM   #85
Xorianknight
A Murloc Raider
mostly there

OK, i updated and did the change to the .lua file in mazzleui, I tried to do it to the core file but all i have to use to edit is notepad adn it was not listed in lines and trying to find that one spot of code in that jumble would take a week of my life i am sure..
When i logged in everything was back where it was supposed to be.
known problems still there:
can autoloot but cant loot regularly, it will opent he box but not let me click on it to loot anything.
i have no fubar at the top of my screen, instead all the mods (experience, guild, friends and so forth) are little circle buttons that are around my minimap yet beneath it, so if i scroll over the half hidden buttons the stuff shows up.
09-25-07, 10:09 PM   #86
Xorianknight
A Murloc Raider
also, when i open my world map it goes back to the old blizzard UI worlld map that takes up the whole screen...
09-25-07, 10:17 PM   #87
Masterwolf3
A Murloc Raider
I hope this helps some but I did the changes to the contextmenu.lua and as many have reported it shows the context menu but with the same icon for every box, but I noticed that it's seems to be tied to one of my buttons in BongoBars. Whenever I change the button in the context menu the icon corresponding to that BongosBar button changes as well. It may be that Bongos and Context Menu are not cooperating they way they should be. I'll play around with it some more.

It's Button 1 on Bar 1 it seems.

Last edited by Masterwolf3 : 09-25-07 at 10:20 PM.
09-25-07, 10:21 PM   #88
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

You do not need to edit the MazzleUI_core.lua file to fix the HUD.

Open Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua with wordpad. Hit Ctrl-H to bring up the replace dialog: enter the text without quotes "self:assert" into the find text input and the text without quotes "assert" into the replace text input.

This fix allows the load process to complete which fixes a number of issues that was occurring. One of which is that the function calls to hide the HUD were not being called since the process was dying early.

09-25-07, 10:23 PM   #89
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I've got the mazzifier working and am currently working on a post with instructions to get it to work for those that need to remazzify.
09-25-07, 10:27 PM   #90
Masterwolf3
A Murloc Raider
Ok it's definatly taking the icon of whatever is in bar 1 slot 1 even though it doesn't take the spell just the icon. However if you drag a spell icon to the context menu from the spellbook it not only replaces the icon it replaces the spell in bar 1 slot 1.

Last edited by Masterwolf3 : 09-25-07 at 10:31 PM.
09-25-07, 10:40 PM   #91
Moribund
A Fallenroot Satyr
Well, I just did both 10 and 25 man raids.

Autobar and context menu are broken, as people know. Also missing is the handy dandy raid icon things. Not sure what makes those, but I miss 'em.
09-25-07, 10:53 PM   #92
alenda
A Cliff Giant

I'm having the same issue someone else posted earlier. I've fixed basically everything, even the context menu, however I have to page down once, because otherwise it's all renew. Speaking of renew, I use the Mazzle Priest Layout, and my 1-5 work fine, as well as the paged versions, alt+1-alt+5, however every other spell is renew. I've tried dragging the buttons off and replacing, but it's still bound to renew. (For those that don't know, renew is the default "1" spell in this layout.)

*edit* Also if I just remove the spells from the bars, and then hit the keybindings or click on them, they still cast renew. wtflux?

Last edited by alenda : 09-25-07 at 10:55 PM.
09-25-07, 10:57 PM   #93
Dug-Runara
A Defias Bandit
Mazzify

I don't exactly know what instructions you are working on posting, but working from what I know, that being very little, I got the mazzifier to work simply by running down my bugsack errors that were causing problems for the mazzify, mine only being the context error like everyone else seemed to have.

It was on ~line351 (so it said, I just searched for error) and some error with a CVar (later figured out just the setvalue command, but I'm very weak in my programming.) I just commented that out, and it went through. couple bugs on the way through, but at least I was able to get my UI to show up so I can actually SEE what I'm working with. heh.

oh and the mazzle UI button showed back up. Don't ask me...lol I'm just happy it's back, and I'm definitely looking forward to the more official hotfixes =P
09-25-07, 11:04 PM   #94
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Dug-Runara
I don't exactly know what instructions you are working on posting, but working from what I know, that being very little, I got the mazzifier to work simply by running down my bugsack errors that were causing problems for the mazzify, mine only being the context error like everyone else seemed to have.

It was on ~line351 (so it said, I just searched for error) and some error with a CVar (later figured out just the setvalue command, but I'm very weak in my programming.) I just commented that out, and it went through. couple bugs on the way through, but at least I was able to get my UI to show up so I can actually SEE what I'm working with. heh.

oh and the mazzle UI button showed back up. Don't ask me...lol I'm just happy it's back, and I'm definitely looking forward to the more official hotfixes =P
Yes this is what I did as well, but some people are uncomfortable just searching and editing code files so I put together a detailed listing of what I did so that it's easy to follow.
09-25-07, 11:04 PM   #95
Kitsyn
A Defias Bandit
I have had the same problems as everyone else and noted the same with regard to button 1 in Bongos bar 1 being tied to the context menu.

I edited the contextmenu.lua file and the avatars work again. I also updated all the ace pieces with WAU with externals.

I disabled xloot and moved healing pots to a temporary button for a while. FWIW autobar and xloot don't work with or without Mazzle. I was trying to use the updated versions of those on a computer without the Mazzle UI and had the same problems.

Bug of the moment is:

Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\UnitFrame.lua:66: in function `UnitFrame_OnEnter':
DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: in function `DUF_Element_OnEnter'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>

It doesn't seem to be majorly impairing my functionality, though.

I have the raid icons.
09-25-07, 11:09 PM   #96
Dug-Runara
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by meio
Yes this is what I did as well, but some people are uncomfortable just searching and editing code files so I put together a detailed listing of what I did so that it's easy to follow.
It's good to hear you did the same. haha I had gotten so frustrated, I really had nothing to lose, so messing around with code with the possibility of making the whole thing crash down upon me really didn't upset me at that point.

MazzleUI is going nuts with a No camera found. report this mob to Mazzlefizz! error, specifically the mob type being A'dal and other similiar classes. I don't know if that error is a byproduct of the looparound I did, or simply it finishing the mazzify and I hadn't gotten to that error yet.

Last edited by Dug-Runara : 09-25-07 at 11:12 PM.
09-25-07, 11:21 PM   #97
griffin224
Premium Member

If you need to MAzzify and do NOT want to edit the .lua I found that it will get past the cvar error if you simply enable error speech.
09-25-07, 11:30 PM   #98
Tritan
A Kobold Labourer
Possible newb issue. i dont have a pet bar anymore. i changed some of the suggested "fix's" but bongos options still doesnt appear so that i can try and see if its "hidden" the menu bar and bag bar is missing also and that is what leads me to think there "hidden" (bongos option). if this is already posted... then i missed it.
09-25-07, 11:33 PM   #99
Smoka
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Zarther
Another issue I found is with the character panel. When I mouse over my items there is no tool tip to tell me what that item is. Figured I would add this to the list. Thanks
Update ItemRack and it will resolve that issue.
09-26-07, 12:10 AM   #100
apeman87
Premium Member
Sorry not use to doing this but here is a copy of my BugSack...

Also someone has put an update out for XLoot with in the last hour

BugSack: List of errors:
BugSack: 1. [2007/09/26 01:54:28-314-x3]: Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: Usage: GameTooltip:SetOwner(frame):
Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:74: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GameTooltip.lua:73>:
<in C code>: in function `TinyTipAnchor_Original_GameTooltip_SetDefaultAnchor'
TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:143: in function <Interface\AddOns\TinyTip\TinyTipAnchor.lua:140>
(tail call): ?:
Interface\FrameXML\ActionButton.lua:382: in function `ActionButton_SetTooltip':
MazzleUI-1.1\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:145: in function <Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua:139>
<in C code>: in function `SecureStateAnchor_RunChild'
<string>:"*:OnEnter":3: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
---
BugSack: 2. [2007/09/26 01:55:01-314-x1]: DiscordUnitFrames\DUF_Element.lua:254: attempt to index global 'self' (a nil value)
<string>:"*:OnEnter":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnter"]:1>
---

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.2 Bug Reports