10-07-07, 12:05 PM   #21
illumnat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The reason I posted this question in the first place is because of the uncertainty as to whether this UI is going to be continue to be regularly updated. Previous posts made it seem as if Mazzle was no longer interested in maintaining the release. It's a massive undertaking and I can completely understand how much time keeping something like this up to date would take up.

I also appreciate the work that Meio has done to try to get things working with his patch, but without a clear project leader who's going to keep MazzleUI going there's a lot of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt going on. :-/

Anyway... I'll keep checking back for that official 1.2 version. ;-)

Cheers!

10-07-07, 04:48 PM   #22
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Now... I admit that I don't use MazzleUI anymore, and have my own.... but it's a UI people! For a game! A UI that you could piece together yourselves or use another one. If you want to continue using MazzleUI, then do so. I'm sure when 2.3 comes around there will be people working to fix the bugs. If the game is no fun for you without MazzleUI then I don't think this is the game for you and you need a change.

I've personally told Mazzle not to continue updating MazzleUI. For someone who is not playing the game anymore and doesn't really have a desire to do so... Putting up with the crap that got put on these boards, working on bug fixes, *hoping* that people will pay for it and continue to is ***SOOOO*** not worth it.

If someone wants to pick it up instead, then they should step up to the plate and do so. Otherwise, Mazzle will decide *whenever* they decide. WoW will go on. Life will go on. The world will not end, there will be no locusts, no plague, no flood...

Get a grip - use it if you want to use it or find something else if you don't. You got by before MazzleUI, you can get by after.

/rant

Oh- and nerf.... um..... Pallies!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-07, 06:26 PM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
KILL THEM SEERAH KILL THEM ALL! REDRUM! REDRUM!

10-07-07, 08:21 PM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Mazz.... I think your caps lock is stuck...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-07, 10:49 PM   #25
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
I used Mazzle UI on my server before all the patching and everything and I can tell you it was one of the best ways to set up a UI ive seen in a long time, however I will admit I only used it for a few days as I have been using Nufed UI since it first came out and cant bring myself to use another UI.

Mazzle thank you for the work you did and for helping so many people with an easyer way to setup there UI. You've earned your spot in the WOW pages of history and no matter what the future holds for you, you'll always be able to say you had a hand in something big.

10-08-07, 05:44 PM   #26
Rhothran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
.meep.

*Is ascared of the Seething Seerah*

10-08-07, 06:59 PM   #27
Morpheusdead
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Seerah
If someone wants to pick it up instead, then they should step up to the plate and do so.
And that is EXACTLY what needs to happen someone else needs to take it over. Period. And it is just an assumption but I am sure there are more than a few WILLING and COMPETENT authors out there. But Mazzle has not offered to step aside If she did so then this project would more than likely move on and be as great if not greater than it ever was.

But personally I don't think she will, I just don't see her EGO taking it. Based off of her comments and actions I think the only reason she ever made this was to feel special not to really help just too much smartelicness. IMHO

I happen to love the UI it is definately one of the best out there the person eh not so much 8(

10-08-07, 08:38 PM   #28
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Morpheusdead
And that is EXACTLY what needs to happen someone else needs to take it over. Period. And it is just an assumption but I am sure there are more than a few WILLING and COMPETENT authors out there. But Mazzle has not offered to step aside If she did so then this project would more than likely move on and be as great if not greater than it ever was.

But personally I don't think she will, I just don't see her EGO taking it. Based off of her comments and actions I think the only reason she ever made this was to feel special not to really help just too much smartelicness. IMHO

I happen to love the UI it is definately one of the best out there the person eh not so much 8(
Thank you!!! You are so sweet. I love you to death. As usual, I'm sure I and everyone else will give your opinions the weight they deserve.

P.S. Can I hire you for some therapy? Even with a few sentences, you are clearing up so many issues for me! Simply amazing.

10-08-07, 08:54 PM   #29
Super_Sushi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Thank you!!! You are so sweet. I love you to death. As usual, I'm sure I and everyone else will give your opinions the weight they deserve.

P.S. Can I hire you for some therapy? Even with a few sentences, you are clearing up so many issues for me! Simply amazing.

truth hurts huh? rofl

you are the biggest drama queen attention whore i have ever had the displeasure of seeing/meeting/reading whatever you want to call it. just get off the boards and keep on playing that inferior piece of garbage LOTR.

Long live SpartanUI!

10-08-07, 09:12 PM   #30
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
LOL. This is getting funny. Would you like to share my popcorn, Mazz?

FYI - the reason why *anyone* does *anything* is for ego. Go read again what it is. Here, I'll get you started:
In psychoanalytic theory, the portion of the psyche experienced as the "self" or "I." It is the part that remembers, evaluates, plans, and in other ways is responsive to and acts in the surrounding physical and social world.
So... The reason why Morpheusdead and Super_Sushi posted here was for their egos. Especially Super_Sushi with that snarky tone... Nonsense doesn't need to be spouted here - you don't know anything about this subject.

10-08-07, 09:28 PM   #31
Super_Sushi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Seerah
LOL. This is getting funny. Would you like to share my popcorn, Mazz?

FYI - the reason why *anyone* does *anything* is for ego. Go read again what it is. Here, I'll get you started:

So... The reason why Morpheusdead and Super_Sushi posted here was for their egos. Especially Super_Sushi with that snarky tone... Nonsense doesn't need to be spouted here - you don't know anything about this subject.

couldn't be more false... what i said had nothing to do with my ego.

so i have a snarky tone, yet the condecending, patronizing, insulting tone mazz had was perfectly fine? jeez, you are just as bad as her i guess. lol

however, neither you nor her are worth my time, so i wont be responding again as i have said what i wanted to.

Last edited by Super_Sushi : 10-08-07 at 09:31 PM.

10-08-07, 09:43 PM   #32
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Aww...no more sushi? I got here too late. Then again, that sushi was getting old.

*passes Seerah some popcorn*

10-08-07, 09:50 PM   #33
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
See? Told you to just leave...

/passes the popcorn back

Can you pass the soda?

10-08-07, 10:30 PM   #34
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Alright children that is enough. You all know better. Take that sort of crap elsewhere, it isn't welcome here.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » To Stay with MazzleUI or not