10-03-07, 11:40 PM   #1
illumnat
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
To Stay with MazzleUI or not

I'm at a crossroads here... given the number of bugs that 2.2 created and the fact that Mazzle is no longer really playing WoW anymore, is it time to move on?

I really like the MazzleUI and it, by far, is the best add-on package/interface that I've seen, but with the length of time that it took for the fixes to happen over the summer and the complete breakdown of the UI in 2.2, I'm afraid it might be time to move on from Mazzle's UI.

I'm sure that the loss of Tigerheart took a lot out of you and your desire to continue work on this project. It was a tremendous undertaking to take a project of this scope on in the first place.

Mazzle, you've done amazing work and I appreciate everything you've done! I'm sure you will be very successful in your future endeavors and wish you the best.

Take care!

10-04-07, 12:26 AM   #2
Dragynlovr
An Aku'mai Servant

Im right there with you. I was a beta tester back before mazzle started publicly and i have loved this UI from then on. I keep coming back looking for it to be fixed, but alas, I have moved on for the time being. Until an official fix is implemented (upon which time I will redownload the FIXED full MazzleUI) I am moving on to another UI.

Mazzle, it is with extreme gratitude that I tell you this, you made my gameplay so much better with this UI. You made the game interface smoother and more interesting. And you did it with panash. Good luck Mazzle, and God Bless.

Dragynlovr

10-04-07, 12:40 AM   #3
GraeElf
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To Mazz or not to mazz..

I know I'm new here.. been out of gaming a while, and just got into WoW last Spring. Over the summer, the quest for the Grail-UI started, and Mazzle's the one some friends and I decided to use until 2.2 came out.

This UI has everything and more.. since I am not a heavy raider, I don't usually play tanks or healers, just dps.. there was a lot more included than I needed. With 2.2 I've started paring down to those individual elements I have liked out of Mazz - or founded something similar that is proved to be 2.2 compatible.

I never met Mazz, nor did I know Tigerheart.. I have lost friends I've made through various games and other online venues, and it is never easy. Whatever anyone else decides, I know MazzleUI helped this olde gamer keep an interest in the game, and I pray (as the Sheinarians from Wheel of Time)..

"May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home."

Grae - variously named, on various servers.. mostly Duskwood

10-04-07, 12:14 PM   #4
digaum2003
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, this is the BEST UI I've ever seen! Can't think of any other that would pair on the functionalities and/or beauty and simplicity combined with features of this UI...

I'm sad that it's still on tests after the new blizz patch, but as I see lots of ppl in here posting fixes to it, I just go over to my Mazzle directory and apply them. So far there are only some bugs left (annoying yes, but it's not the end of the world) and I think that with all the help those ppl are putting together, MazzleUI is going to be the King UI once again.
I'm not sure that there would be another UI to replace this one in my concept, but if you could point me to other UI options I would be glad to try them out while Mazzle doesn't get back on it's feet.

Thanks in advance!

10-04-07, 01:14 PM   #5
Talaa
A Defias Bandit
Problem is, the rest completely suck after you've played with Mazzle for a while. Believe me, I think I've tried them all. Especially when I get frustrated after patches.

10-04-07, 03:33 PM   #6
minyaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best thing to do is put together your own... I've managed to put together my own compilation that does almost everything that MazzleUI did. If you look at the addons that mazzle implemented, you'll find that a lot of them are updated. The only thing you are really gonna miss going this route is the meshing of the addons to work with one another as if it was one addon.

10-04-07, 04:54 PM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by minyaen
If you look at the addons that mazzle implemented, you'll find that a lot of them are updated.
I'm guessing you meant something more accurate than that. The things I implemented are not updated. The majority of the addons that still active authors implemented are updated, as far as I know.

P.S. DOWN WITH MAZZLEUI! It is the source of all evil! *looks for torch and pitchfork*

P.P.S. Hallowed are the Ace'd, Dongled and Rock'd, for they will inherit the world. (of Warcraft).

P.P.P.S. Down with Seerah!

10-04-07, 05:25 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You KNEW I'd be reading this!!

But... but.... I thought....

okay... I'll go crawl into a hole now.

edit: you're just upset I haven't joined you in LotRO yet
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-04-07, 06:40 PM   #9
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Sorry, it was a tossup between "Down with" and "All hail our overlord and master". I flipped a coin. Even went best 3 out 5.

P.S. All hail our overlord and master, Tekkub!

10-05-07, 06:19 PM   #10
Rhothran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ACK! Seerah! I moved over to your suitcase after Mazzle left! If you move to Lotro too, I'm gonna have to start... chewing bubblegum. You don't want that.

10-06-07, 01:41 PM   #11
digaum2003
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing I didn't understand yet. Is Mazzle still playing WoW ? For the things I've read on this post, it seems like Mazzle's not.
But at the same time Mazz's here to help ppl and fix some bugs, even launched the 1.1 version "recently"
I'm lost. Mazzle UI is IMHO the BEST compilation I've ever seen! Full of functionalities, beautiful layout and it just seems like everything you need, you have.
I would love to have this working 100% back again, but I'd like to know if Mazzle's leaving WoW world, so I won't put much hope in Mazzle UI back on it's feet again.

Once again, I thank all the ppl that made possible for this UI to be created and sincerelly hope it won't become an abandonware.

Thanks in advance

10-06-07, 02:00 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I have not played WoW for a few months now. The 2.2 fixes were submitted by various users and compiled by Meio into a patch. (I still have my account and the vast stores of virtual riches inside of it.)

As to your question about why I still troll the forums as often as I do, it's because I have two computers on my desk; one is used for web-browsing while I wait for the other one to do things. Also, I can't easily give up my love for repeated, already-answered questions! Anybody want to know why your right-clicking isn't working anymore? Anybody?

10-06-07, 03:10 PM   #13
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

me me me

why isnt my right clicking working any more !!!11111eleven

edit :- opps was a murlock with his foot under the button

10-06-07, 03:33 PM   #14
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

So

So you answer is to leave, this addon aint being fixed anymore... Find
a new one thats being updated..

10-06-07, 03:41 PM   #15
Tyrolit
A Black Drake

will be a sad day if this UI, the greatest UI of all dies its death

Meio has done an excellent job of getting it working the best as posible

But Mazzle if your not going to continue this for now,

maybe pass this on to someone who will, help them with it at 1st

you created the monster, are you gonna just desert so many followers of the religion you have created,

at least if you dont plan on advancing MazzleUI pass it over, point the new developers in the right direction so all your deciples may continue to use the interface that beats all the others

make a sad gnome happy

yours a sad gnome.

10-06-07, 04:59 PM   #16
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, she hasn't said she'd be quitting work on Mazzle.. yet. What about the dedicated site for all Mazzle users?? What about paying fees to get all the updated-to-the-minute content? Yes, 2.2 really threw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, but I'm not giving up yet! C'mon Mazzle, you can do it!!

10-06-07, 05:33 PM   #17
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tralkar
So you answer is to leave, this addon aint being fixed anymore... Find
a new one thats being updated..
I've said nothing different than I've said in the last several months. Repeatedly asking me for a more concrete answer is not going to cause one to happen. I don't have one. In other words, I am not telling you to leave; I am not telling you to stay; I am not telling what the future holds. Do whatever works for you.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that Seerah is trying to get your class nerfed. It's a matter of time before she gets all your favorite skills taken away!

10-06-07, 05:45 PM   #18
Ecoic
A Murloc Raider
Pay dedicated site w/ updates??

With what we pay for software, I would have to say that THIS is a quality product! Lemme know when it goes live and will gladly subscribe!
Mazzle here is your chance for supplemented income, why not give it a try??

10-07-07, 09:03 AM   #19
zosopage1963
A Fallenroot Satyr
my 2 cents

ok guys, I am one of those wow players that played for a year or so before I discovered mazzle, I made my own compilations, granted, not as good as mazzle, but functional. Yes, 2.2 screwed up everything, but I think the real reason we all freaked is that we weren't sure the fix was going to be found. We love this UI, and don't want to play without it, yet you all know we would. If you want to quit wow, that is not Mazzle's problem, it is your 15 bucks. After the patch, within 24 hours, i was back and running, thanks to this forum. Many people worked to get this working, and that is a fantastic thing. Meio worked his/her ass off to help us. I understand that these forums are daunting to find the answer to an issue, but most of the time, the answer is there. If you do a very thorough search, and you don't find the answer, then post for help. I have done this a couple times and never have been berated for not searching the forums, cuz, the 2 questions that I have asked, were asked politely and after searching for a few mins for an answer. So, it is working with a few oddities right now, but it is working. Granted, I think this patch could be updated a bit to fix many issues, but Meio did his best in such a short time to get us back up and running. Ok, getting off my high horse....

10-07-07, 10:07 AM   #20
Lomkey
A Murloc Raider
Stay.

Have you even Seen how gigantic the text is on regular crap?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » To Stay with MazzleUI or not