11-16-05, 01:28 PM   #1
Silver
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Silver's Addons

Here are my addons.
http://www.wowinterface.com/list.php?skinnerid=19846

If you have comments, suggestions, requests or anything else you'd like to say about em, please feel free to post in this thread or here (which may have more blizzard hiring type person visibility, not sure ):

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...hreadID=278912
EDIT: Alas, the previous thread has passed on. And she was so young and beautiful! Long live the new thread.

I don't yet have everything uploaded here on wow interface. Some need pictures, some need an improvement, and one or two are waiting for a patch before I make a fuss about them here. And of course, I'm always working on more.

Last edited by Silver : 12-12-05 at 10:45 AM.
11-16-05, 02:51 PM   #2
Random
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Yay! I've been following your thread on the WoW Interface forums but I can't post there =/

My only question is since I still can't acess WoW still, does SilverTrack work like BC_Tracking?

Reallyadude: OMG Blizz nerfed crashing
Iriel: Tem will find a workaround. I have faith.
11-16-05, 02:58 PM   #3
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Random
Yay! I've been following your thread on the WoW Interface forums but I can't post there =/

My only question is since I still can't acess WoW still, does SilverTrack work like BC_Tracking?
Yeah! It works pretty much the same except the gesture to open the menu. You'll see BC_Tracking in the credits in the .toc. The idea of the popup tracking menu, and a couple good coding tricks are "borrowed" from that addon. I tightened up the code a little, but the real reason for making the addon was the gesture. I wanted to keep the "rclick the tracking icon to cancel tracking" gesture, but then what do you click if it disappears? Well why not rclick the minimap itself, why devote both r and lclick to pinging the minimap.
11-16-05, 03:19 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome Silver! Glad to have you as part of our community.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-16-05, 03:22 PM   #5
Random
Cool, I'll be using this when I get WoW back I think

11-16-05, 04:08 PM   #6
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Talking Re: Welcome

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Welcome Silver! Glad to have you as part of our community.
Hehe, thanks. I really should have joined sooner, this is a great setup you have here. Addons look much more appealing with a picture, and the new/updated block is brilliant. You know how it is... you're debugging that latest addon... its almost done... you check the time and think dagnabbit I was supposed to take some screenshots <yawn>.
11-16-05, 05:37 PM   #7
Random
Yeah, I like the way everything works here, and it's barely any down time

11-16-05, 05:40 PM   #8
Guillotine
A Cobalt Mageweaver

and the community is AWESOME!

speaking of which, you have to come join us all on irc.

irc.freenode.net #WoWI-lounge

11-24-05, 01:02 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey Silver. Wanted to make a suggestion. Besides putting each mod in the appropriate category, you should also consider doing a zip of the complete set of them and drop it into the Compilations & Suites category. That way if someone wants all (or most) of your addons, they can just snag a single download. Just food for thought.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
11-24-05, 02:12 PM   #10
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Random

Hmm... couldn't resist the chance to hijack that reply as that is exactly my case too

excellent addons!

btw... at that thread there's a Tauren Druid (Damiala) enquiring about Wardrobe.
I'd like to mention that Wardrobe has been revived and works just fine.
It can be found at the Ace Forums
Look for my post there, with a rapidshare link for the download.

So, it's good to go (if you don't mind the Ace dependency)
11-24-05, 03:03 PM   #11
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Cairenn
Hey Silver. Wanted to make a suggestion. Besides putting each mod in the appropriate category, you should also consider doing a zip of the complete set of them and drop it into the Compilations & Suites category. That way if someone wants all (or most) of your addons, they can just snag a single download. Just food for thought.
Good idea! First I'll finish uploading everything here (it is surprisingly tricky getting a good screenshot sometimes!), then work on a compilation. I wonder if there is any interest in splitting em up into a couple as well, like the honor farming stuff in one compilation, auction stuff in another... well, we will see.

Originally Posted by Dridzt
I'd like to mention that Wardrobe has been revived and works just fine.
It can be found at the Ace Forums. Look for my post there, with a rapidshare link for the download. So, it's good to go (if you don't mind the Ace dependency)
Yeah I wondered about her comment, enough folks certainly seem to use wardrobe. By all means feel free to post a correction. I'll post something myself as soon as I get a chance to check it out (slightly overloaded atm with job search, recent NY trip, uploading stuff here, working on new stuff and trying to get some honor farming in ).
11-24-05, 06:19 PM   #12
Random
Heh Dridzt, you seem to be in the same boat as me. Now WoW, or at least the forums but you still keep up with all the addons and wish you could tell the people on the WoW UI forums just how stupid they are somtimes are should try looking around I know Cair feels that way all the time, but she can tell em just how idiotic they are.

Anyway, I am getting WoW back soon, I hope you aren't without it took long, Dridzt, and keep up the good work Silver, thanks!

11-25-05, 03:35 AM   #13
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Talking

Hey Silver

I just discovered your SilverTrack mod, and I love it! ^_^
Any chance you can make something similar for Hunter Aspects?
11-25-05, 03:52 AM   #14
thetriumph
A Kobold Labourer
Hey mate, i'm really interested in SilverTrack but it doesn't work for me. Only thing I can think of is that I use CleanMiniMap. Do you know if they are compatable?
11-25-05, 11:06 AM   #15
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dark Imakuni
Hey Silver

I just discovered your SilverTrack mod, and I love it! ^_^
Any chance you can make something similar for Hunter Aspects?
I have been thinking about that, and another request for a mage teleport menu. I just can't seem to think of a good place to put them. If I add them to the tracking menu, I'm afraid it will get cluttered and confusing. Could do a submenu thing on the minimap, but I often find the fine gestures required for that more difficult and therefore sometimes frustrating.

The compromise I'm currently using is SilverBars (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4342). It shows the keybindings for the aspects buttons, so at least I have a visual reminder. I admit I stare longingly at all the button space I could have if I used the bottom left action bar. Something that hides the bonus action bar, and provides nice quick access those actions... well I'm thinking.
11-25-05, 11:07 AM   #16
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by thetriumph
Hey mate, i'm really interested in SilverTrack but it doesn't work for me. Only thing I can think of is that I use CleanMiniMap. Do you know if they are compatable?
Ooh if it overrides minimap rclick, that could certainly be a problem. I'll check it out and see if there is anything I can do.
11-28-05, 06:44 AM   #17
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

RE: MapUnitColors

Is this the same as Raidmap? http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2492

I already use and love raidmap, though it seems to have limited use. I'd like to see a couple of changes that would make this even better.

1: Something showing what colour MY group is on the map. Perhaps change the colour of the "Group 1" text on my character portrait (whether this a blizzard thing or part of another addon, I don't know).
2: Perhaps an addition to CTRA to colour the borders or backgrounds of the group windows, or to colourise the "Group 1" text on the group windows all/none optional, of course.
2: A closable window with a list of out-of-raidgroup people.
11-28-05, 10:01 AM   #18
Silver
A Murloc Raider

Alas, raidmap looks pretty much the same, and has options to change the color too. Well, maybe if I add the legend from raidmap's suggestions... and change the player group text to the right color... the "out of raid" window will take a little longer of course. Good suggestions, thanks!

Originally Posted by svartalfimposter
RE: MapUnitColors

Is this the same as Raidmap? http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=2492

I already use and love raidmap, though it seems to have limited use. I'd like to see a couple of changes that would make this even better.

1: Something showing what colour MY group is on the map. Perhaps change the colour of the "Group 1" text on my character portrait (whether this a blizzard thing or part of another addon, I don't know).
2: Perhaps an addition to CTRA to colour the borders or backgrounds of the group windows, or to colourise the "Group 1" text on the group windows all/none optional, of course.
2: A closable window with a list of out-of-raidgroup people.
11-28-05, 12:11 PM   #19
svartalfimposter
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Don't get downbeat, it's a simple but brilliant idea. Just because you weren't the first doesn't diminish this fact.
11-28-05, 04:44 PM   #20
Rowne
A Fallenroot Satyr

I haven't tried it yet but I rather like the look of your minimap unit colourizer. I'll give that a spin later tonight, it looks nifty, to be sure. Also, on another note completely, I notice you use tabled coding, in the spirit of that I want to thank you for not fudging up the global namespace. Way to go! I also appreciate how small it is. Small is beautiful.

Short: Tolerance FTW?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Silver's Addons