05-23-06, 05:55 AM   #1
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DHUD 0.9b4 (testversion)

Hiya,
today i want to post a first DHUD 0.9 beta/testversion. ONLY use this Version if you want to help beta test. I have disabled some Features and others don't have a Option at the Option Screen. This DHUD is a rewrite, so i have to test everything now. I played with this Version for a Week and found no Bugs until now.

So i need you help now

More Infos and Download can be Found here:
DHUD BETA

Ciao
Drathal

Last edited by Drathal : 05-30-06 at 04:08 AM.
05-23-06, 10:54 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Put it up in the Beta section.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-23-06, 12:01 PM   #3
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
I downloaded it, slapped in my AddOn directory, and will give it a whirl today, then let you know how if there are any issues. Once the servers come up of course. BTW, thank you very much for your hard work in putting out this wonderful add-on!
05-23-06, 01:04 PM   #4
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
Upon first log-in I get an error that states:

DHUD.lua:1956:attempt to index global 'DHUD_Settings' (a nil value)

I noticed that it removes the savedvariable file also. DHUD continues to work thereafter just fine, brought up the menu (which looks really nice by the way!), and everything appears functional. I'll let you know more.

Another technical difficulty...I noticed on hovering over the mini-map DHUD icon, that I could right-click to pull up a player menu, so I right-clicked, it said that I had to be in a group. Thusly, I joined a group, and upon right-clicking on the DHUD icon, it totally screwed up my mini-map, shrinking it down to about an inch width, and not bringing up any extra Player menu. I do use Crash's Charcoal customized UI for a square mini-map, if that makes a difference. Reloading the UI corrected the mini-map, thankfully.

Additional bug...checking or unchecking doesn't do anything to my pet info (level 45 hunter). It still shows the bar for my pet's health & focus, but unchecking it to hide it, doesn't make it go away, plus there is no text for the health and focus level even when Show Pet is checked.

I wanted to add that it looks great, the options are very nice, and the post-combat fade is excellent.

Last edited by Rayfack : 05-23-06 at 02:41 PM.
05-23-06, 01:59 PM   #5
CrisCr0ss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
can we get a list of new updates that we may expect?
05-24-06, 05:50 AM   #6
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
@Rayfack
First of all thanks for testing my HUD

Upon first log-in I get an error that states:
DHUD.lua:1956:attempt to index global 'DHUD_Settings' (a nil value)
I fixed that in my Working Version. Thanks

Another technical difficulty...I noticed on hovering over the mini-map DHUD icon, that I could right-click to pull up a player menu, so I right-clicked, it said that I had to be in a group. Thusly, I joined a group, and upon right-clicking on the DHUD icon, it totally screwed up my mini-map, shrinking it down to about an inch width, and not bringing up any extra Player menu. I do use Crash's Charcoal customized UI for a square mini-map, if that makes a difference. Reloading the UI corrected the mini-map, thankfully.
At the moment i cant get the Minimap rightclick Menu to work. I have to figure out what the problem is. The same Menu Works fine when rightclicking Targetinfo text.

Additional bug...checking or unchecking doesn't do anything to my pet info (level 45 hunter). It still shows the bar for my pet's health & focus, but unchecking it to hide it, doesn't make it go away, plus there is no text for the health and focus level even when Show Pet is checked.
By default i hide the Pet HP / Pet Focus (Mana) Texts. To enable it go to the "Unit Text" Tab and select something under "Pet Health Textbox" and "Pet Mana Textbox". Hmmm maybe i should change the default value.

When you disable "Show Pet" it should hide your Pet Bars.

I wanted to add that it looks great, the options are very nice, and the post-combat fade is excellent.
Thanks

@Cairenn
*blush* I will do that Thanks

@CrisCr0ss
I will post it soon here. You can take a look here also: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=22525
05-24-06, 06:16 AM   #7
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
My pleasure, glad to help! Using a great add-on such as this HUD, makes it that much easier to test. I'll try your suggestion to get my pet info text to show up, thanks!
05-24-06, 06:40 AM   #8
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Uploaded DHUD beta2. For Bugs / Todo / Features please take a look here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4993

Ciao
Drathal
05-24-06, 07:05 AM   #9
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
Your suggestion to enable the Pet Text worked like a charm, Drathal, thanks! I'll try out your newest DHUD after work today, and let you know if my anal-retentiveness finds anything.
05-24-06, 07:08 AM   #10
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Rayfack
Your suggestion to enable the Pet Text worked like a charm, Drathal, thanks! I'll try out your newest DHUD after work today, and let you know if my anal-retentiveness finds anything.
LoL Thanks for putting time in testing

Ciao
Drathal
05-24-06, 09:10 AM   #11
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Going to download it and see if there are any problems in my ZG raid tonight =)
05-24-06, 04:39 PM   #12
Theon
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
So, I am done with me ZG run and here are what I have noted, the turn of aura button do not work (just had to test it even tho i want the buff/debuff buttons there ^^)

Other than that I must say it works very well, top job dude - coloring the bars do sound like a very nice thing to be able to do, perhaps make the bar change color as you can lower on health... wait alread ydoes that =). The new offset system works smoother than the old one, easier to get it exactly as it should be now, was harder with the old slider system.

The minimap dropdown box should be very handy, but what I do atm is F1 and then rightclick me own name when I have myself as a target.

Hope it is of help

/Theon
05-24-06, 05:47 PM   #13
Toran
A Nerdscale Dorkin

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Theon
So, I am done with me ZG run and here are what I have noted, the turn of aura button do not work (just had to test it even tho i want the buff/debuff buttons there ^^)
Found the same thing. I noticed that turning off the NPC bars/text does the trick for some reason.
05-25-06, 12:17 AM   #14
Rayfack
A Murloc Raider
I haven't noticed any issues with the updated beta from this morning. It appears to be working flawlessly. I like all the text size options and per character settings. It's definitely looking kick ass!
05-25-06, 02:31 AM   #15
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for all your testing. A new version is up now (DHUD 0.9b3).

The Minimap Button is working now.
Option to Swap Auras added.
Reset Button added.
Hide Auras now work.
Removed all slash Commands. /dhud now opens Menu.

For next Version i need some time. it will have all missing Features.

Ciao
Drathal
05-25-06, 08:46 AM   #16
peterk0
A Defias Bandit
hi drathal,

any chance implementing a target of target functionality? (it was in ToDo)
it's the only thing that keeps me from using your (in any other means almost perfect) HUD.
05-25-06, 03:03 PM   #17
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
It is on my ToDo list

but not for 0.9. DHUD 0.9 is a complete rewrite and i dont want to add to much new features.
I will add ToT before 1.0 release

Ciao
Drathal

Originally Posted by peterk0
hi drathal,

any chance implementing a target of target functionality? (it was in ToDo)
it's the only thing that keeps me from using your (in any other means almost perfect) HUD.
05-25-06, 03:23 PM   #18
peterk0
A Defias Bandit
woot, thx
05-26-06, 08:09 PM   #19
Parahelios
A Kobold Labourer
Great mod, I really like the rewrite. Two things I noticed:

The text (such as health / mana numbers) is always 100% opaque, and doesn't adjust with the HUD settings - such as Out of Combat Alpha, Regen Alpha, etc.

Minimap button is on top of everything (including bags you've opened). This is an easy fix:
On line 33 of DHUD\MyMinimapButton.lua, change:
Code:
frame:SetFrameStrata("HIGH")
to
Code:
frame:SetFrameStrata("LOW")
Again, nice work. You're beta is more stable than a lot of releases Ive used
05-29-06, 12:05 AM   #20
Drathal
A Fallenroot Satyr
I have setup a Feature and Todo List for DHUD here:
http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...=131&pageid=59

If youre missing something post it here.

@Parahelios
I have fixed that in my beta here at home i think i can post that Version in 2-3 Days when Bar coloring is ready

Ciao
Drathal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » DHUD 0.9b1 (testversion)