07-03-11, 02:09 PM   #1
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Exists? Multiple monitor profiles?

I use a laptop as my main machine, but will soon be travelling and using different monitor sizes.
On the road, it's most likely a smaller laptop screen. At one base or another, it's probably a larger / external monitor.
While I can set my addons up, in comfortable positions, for one monitor... I'd have to keep moving them each time I changed screens.

Is there an addon that will let me set up addon positions and then save them all to a profile?

I'd like to be able to choose profile "Monitor 1" or "Monitor 2" and have the addons move with the profile choice. We have addons to handle addon set-ups but, as described, how about addon positions?

As above, does such a thing exist?

Thanks!

07-03-11, 02:23 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Position depends on the addon itself to my knowledge. You can do what you are looking for with Reflux. You can set up a profile for each set up and save them as different names.

I use it for semi-similar reasons. I have a layout for my unit frames and such that i like the design of. I have reflux save 2 position layouts that I use on different characters. Since all of the corresponding elements need to move as well this works quite nicely. You can even make macros that will do the change over for you. Log in and click. After the UI reload you're all set.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-03-11, 02:26 PM   #3
jlrm365
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Nice info and a quick response. Thanks.

I check that out, soon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Exists? Multiple monitor profiles?