06-15-09, 09:03 AM   #1
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Looking for addon:

Hi

I'm looking for an addon, that shows, when your spells is ready,
For example: My Lay on Hands is ready, and it shows up on the screens, that it's ready
06-15-09, 09:06 AM   #2
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Fyxe View Post
Hi

I'm looking for an addon, that shows, when your spells is ready,
For example: My Lay on Hands is ready, and it shows up on the screens, that it's ready
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is one of many addons that will do this. It does a lot of other very useful things as well.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-15-09, 09:30 AM   #3
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Mik's Scrolling Battle Text is one of many addons that will do this. It does a lot of other very useful things as well.
I know this addon, BUT, i dont really like the combat log thing. I just want the usual Blizzard combat log.
06-15-09, 09:41 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you looking for cooldown timers?

I could only find this, but perhaps someone else knows of a more recently updated addon that will do the same.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...n-timers2.aspx
06-15-09, 09:58 AM   #5
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Power auras
06-15-09, 11:43 AM   #6
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
Power auras
I agree 100%...Power Auras is the way to go in my opinion. There is some config but it's rather self explanatory.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...asClassic.html
06-15-09, 11:52 AM   #7
Zaydok
An Aku'mai Servant
I just want the usual Blizzard combat log.
Blasphemy! j/k - I just can't stand the default Blizz combat log.
06-15-09, 01:27 PM   #8
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
How about Doom's Cooldow pulse?
06-15-09, 01:42 PM   #9
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Zaydok View Post
Blasphemy! j/k - I just can't stand the default Blizz combat log.
lol

well, that's a personal "Taste". I can't stand the Mik's scrolling combat log thing

Hm, I really don't understand this Power Auras. I've installed, tryed to make a new, but how do i tell it it's the Divine Storm, for example? :S
06-15-09, 02:00 PM   #10
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

lol

well, that's a personal "Taste". I can't stand the Mik's scrolling combat log thing

Hm, I really don't understand this Power Auras. I've installed, tryed to make a new, but how do i tell it it's the Divine Storm, for example? :S
in the addon directory, there are some html files 'language'_manual.html (for example: english_manual.html). That will get you started. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see the possibilities are almost endless. Even though by default it's right there in the middle of your screen, you can move the notification/timers anywhere and size/color/texture them to your liking.
06-15-09, 02:02 PM   #11
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Praesagus View Post
in the addon directory, there are some html files 'language'_manual.html (for example: english_manual.html). That will get you started. Once you get the hang of it, you'll see the possibilities are almost endless. Even though by default it's right there in the middle of your screen, you can move the notification/timers anywhere and size/color/texture them to your liking.
Yeah, i found out. Still need the thing to activate when the cooldown on my Divine storm runs out, then it appears. Still wont
Gonna check that manual, ty
06-15-09, 02:15 PM   #12
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Yeah, i found out. Still need the thing to activate when the cooldown on my Divine storm runs out, then it appears. Still wont
Gonna check that manual, ty
I don't have a Paladin but I'm sure I can use any other of my toons to figure it out and get back to you (if it can be done)...I wiped my UI not long ago and am at a basic config at the moment so I need to reconfigure most everything...

Basically you want a notification on screen when Divine Storm is available to use after the 10 second CD, correct?
06-15-09, 02:19 PM   #13
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Still confused, the manual didn't worked
I don't know how i bind the spell to the aura :S

Btw, im trying with Divine Storm, lol

Last edited by Fyxe : 06-15-09 at 02:21 PM.
06-15-09, 02:53 PM   #14
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Basically you want a notification on screen when Divine Storm is available to use after the 10 second CD, correct?
YES Correctly
06-15-09, 02:55 PM   #15
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Still confused, the manual didn't worked
I don't know how i bind the spell to the aura :S

Btw, im trying with Divine Storm, lol
When you create the new power aura, under the activation tab there is an "Activation by:" drop down. Choose Action Usable. Then on the line below it, type "divine storm" if that's the spell name. By default it will show when it's available (I believe no auras show when you are mounted..not sure if you can change that).

If you go to timers and select show, I believe the timer will show a countdown in place of the texture till the CD will be over and when it's over switch to the icon.

after I made a change it seemed to not activate the first time until I targeted something..it then worked as expected afterwards.
06-15-09, 04:02 PM   #16
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When you create the new power aura, under the activation tab there is an "Activation by:" drop down. Choose Action Usable. Then on the line below it, type "divine storm" if that's the spell name. By default it will show when it's available (I believe no auras show when you are mounted..not sure if you can change that).

If you go to timers and select show, I believe the timer will show a countdown in place of the texture till the CD will be over and when it's over switch to the icon.

after I made a change it seemed to not activate the first time until I targeted something..it then worked as expected afterwards.
Well, It works now.
BUT, only when i attack, And i really don't like that, if it can't be changed, i guess it's not the addon for me lol
06-15-09, 04:24 PM   #17
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Well, It works now.
BUT, only when i attack, And i really don't like that, if it can't be changed, i guess it's not the addon for me lol
Works for me just fine in and out of combat using bloodrage on my warrior. Can you use diving storm with no enemy around/targeted?

I'm pretty sure this will do what you want. I'd recommend taking this to the addon comment section and asking there.

Last edited by Praesagus : 06-15-09 at 04:39 PM.
06-16-09, 07:01 AM   #18
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Works for me just fine in and out of combat using bloodrage on my warrior. Can you use diving storm with no enemy around/targeted?

I'm pretty sure this will do what you want. I'd recommend taking this to the addon comment section and asking there.
Yes, It's an AoE ability

i've given up the Power auras, too complicated i think :/
06-17-09, 03:34 AM   #19
Recluse
A Cliff Giant

Try out TellMeWhen.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ellMeWhen.html
06-20-09, 08:37 AM   #20
Fyxe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
Sorry, it wasn't that i was looking for.
I want it to show, when the cooldowns is fininished, as a warning. Like in Mik's scrolling combat, but i don't want it's scrolled combat lol :S

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for addon: