AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kenshone View Post
Code:
eventsK = {
"ADDON_LOADED",
"PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD",
"SO_ON_AND_SO_FORTH",
}
Hm, it'd be nifty if I could get the editbox to work...

But more importantly, event registration, does adding that chunk of code fix the Event Handling?[/quote]

Actually it looks like your original method worked. You dont need to add that like that. right now i have no errors from it and all normal UI functions are working properly about to try to make it do something based on your code will see if it works Ill pasty what i have done shortly. i also removed the addon loaded print function since it was telling me constantly about bliz load on demand frames... however that let me know your functions were firing on events right.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-15-11, 12:08 PM   #22
Kenshone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That's great. So I guess fixing the TOC file got it going?

Hopefully the statusbars are functional!
03-15-11, 12:13 PM   #23
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

it looks like that and the change to
for eventname in pairs(eventsK) do KenshoneMagic:RegisterEvent(eventname) end

did the trick to get it running, and removing the editbox part makes it error free. about to go to tb and see what happens.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-15-11, 12:19 PM   #24
Kenshone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Statusbars only trigger in PvE environments. They should normally only trigger in party/raid environments in particular, but I think I removed some of those restrictions in this code for testing purposes, so any PvE environment should do.

To see the innervate bar's full functionality, you should be in a raid group with a druid, and then have him innervate you.

As far as the party status bars, running a daily heroic should show you what they're about.

Right click the anchors to move the bars.

If you are using a priest or druid, the combat_log_events will trigger certain announcements as well.
03-15-11, 12:24 PM   #25
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Got another problem first of all never parent anything to the world frame.
This needs to be changed to parent to UIParent you cant use the worldframe as a parent or bad things happen. There is also another problem with this but i have not figured it out yet.

local KenshoneMagic = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, WorldFrame)
KenshoneMagic:SetFrameStrata("TOOLTIP") -- When parented to WorldFrame, causes OnUpdate handler to run close to last
KenshoneMagic:SetScript("OnEvent", EventHandler)

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-15-11, 12:35 PM   #26
Kenshone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
Got another problem first of all never parent anything to the world frame.
This needs to be changed to parent to UIParent you cant use the worldframe as a parent or bad things happen. There is also another problem with this but i have not figured it out yet.

local KenshoneMagic = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, WorldFrame)
KenshoneMagic:SetFrameStrata("TOOLTIP") -- When parented to WorldFrame, causes OnUpdate handler to run close to last
KenshoneMagic:SetScript("OnEvent", EventHandler)
Hm ic. Alright UIParent it is.
03-15-11, 12:52 PM   #27
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

well... frames popped up and they look nice but do nothing yet. tons of errors. The primary one right here...

["message"] = "Kenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:353: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:413: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:396>\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:785: in function `?'\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:666: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:665>\n",
["type"] = "error",
["time"] = "2011/03/15 12:24:54",
["locals"] = "druids = <table> {\n}\n(for index) = 1\n(for limit) = 10\n(for step) = 1\ni = 1\nInstanceTypeK = \"none\"\nmaxpossibleraiders = 10\nCombat_RaidCondition = 10\nINNERVATE_MANA = 100\nrecord_innervate = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:339\nIV_data = <table> {\n 1 = <table> {\n }\n}\n",
["session"] = 6713,
["counter"] = 21,
}, -- [48]
{
["message"] = "Kenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:353: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:413: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:396>\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:770: in function `?'\nKenshone-1.0\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:666: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:665>\n",
["type"] = "error",
["time"] = "2011/03/15 12:24:55",
["locals"] = "druids = <table> {\n}\n(for index) = 1\n(for limit) = 10\n(for step) = 1\ni = 1\nInstanceTypeK = \"none\"\nmaxpossibleraiders = 10\nCombat_RaidCondition = 10\nINNERVATE_MANA = 100\nrecord_innervate = <function> defined @Interface\\AddOns\\Kenshone\\KenshoneQuantFrames.lua:339\nIV_data = <table> {\n 1 = <table> {\n }\n}\n",
["session"] = 6713,
["counter"] = 1,
}, -- [49]

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Grimsin : 03-15-11 at 12:55 PM.
03-15-11, 12:58 PM   #28
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

heres what i have so far.
http://www.pastey.net/147572

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03-15-11, 02:15 PM   #29
Kenshone
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hm. That bit of code was working last night when I had it implanted in another addon.

line 353 in question, will only fail if "function Kenshone_timer(2)" has not yet been run, because it creates the "kenshone_bar[2]" frame.

But that function is run @Line 735.

Were you running this test solo, as opposed to in a group or raid?
03-15-11, 05:18 PM   #30
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Kenshone View Post
Hm. That bit of code was working last night when I had it implanted in another addon.

line 353 in question, will only fail if "function Kenshone_timer(2)" has not yet been run, because it creates the "kenshone_bar[2]" frame.

But that function is run @Line 735.

Were you running this test solo, as opposed to in a group or raid?
was in raid.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Personal Addon Not Loading...