01-21-07, 10:10 AM   #1
zannisgilneas
A Kobold Labourer
Auto-Switch For Paladin Crusader Aura

I was looking for a mod that will enable me to auto-switch to Crusader Aura when I mount up, and remembers to switch back to whatever aura I had selected when I dismount.

Anyone know of a mod that can help me?
06-10-07, 10:23 AM   #2
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zannisgilneas
I was looking for a mod that will enable me to auto-switch to Crusader Aura when I mount up, and remembers to switch back to whatever aura I had selected when I dismount.

I'd like to toss a bump to this. This would be a great, lightweight mod that I wouldn't think would be too difficult. The only problem I would assume would be dealing with the GCD. But, if it just checked every 5 seconds or so what your mount status was (and each time it detected that you weren't mounted, save that aura to memory), and if you're mounted, switch to Crusader, and when it detected you were dismount, reactivate last known aura.

Anyone think they can whip this up?
01-27-10, 05:34 AM   #3
goldengamer
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bump I was trying to find something like this just now. Has anything been made so far?
01-27-10, 07:16 AM   #4
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Hi there,
I once also looked for an easy way of doing this, I actually spent quite a bit of time trying to make a macro that would do it for me.
The main issue I had with this is:
Changing paladin aura invokes the global cooldown.

This means that it cant be done as blizzard have restricted the way in which commands are called. From what I have read there is no way of doing for example: change aura. after X seconds cast mount, in a macro.
Unless someone out there knows how to do this in LUA (my knowledge on that front is limitedatm) or blizzard remove the GCD on auras then it will not be possible.

Cani
01-27-10, 07:43 AM   #5
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The closest that I've been able to get with a macro is:
Code:
/cast [mod] !Crusader Aura
/run if IsMounted()and not IsModifierKeyDown()then Dismount()elseif not IsMounted()then c=CallCompanion m="MOUNT"c(m,f)c(m,g)end
f is the id of your flying mount and g is the id of your ground mount (3 would be the first row, third mount. 8 would be the second row, second mount. etc).
If you use a modifier when using the macro it'll switch to Crusader Aura and mount at the same time (or just switch to Crusader Aura if you're already mounted), otherwise it will just mount/dismount with no modifier.

There's no mod that I know of that will switch auras for you automatically, you just have to try to remember to check them on your own.
01-27-10, 12:01 PM   #6
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, changing Paladin auras is considered casting a spell, so it's protected - it requires a hardware event (buttonpress or keypress).

The closest I get is using ZOMGBuffs, which pops up a big alert "You need Crusader Aura!" when I mount up, and allows me to change into Crusader Aura just by scrolling the mousewheel. Then, when I dismount, it says, "You need <x> Aura", <x> being whatever aura I had when I mounted up. If I'm not in combat, the mousewheel again lets me swap auras. If I dismount to go straight into combat, the mousewheel won't work, but it will still let me know I need to change auras.
01-27-10, 12:43 PM   #7
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have it macro'd as well, but for the times when I get dismounted and not via the macro, I have power auras set to give me an alert if crusader aura was still a buff of mine and I was in combat.
10-26-10, 02:59 PM   #8
jimjim0909
A Kobold Labourer
pretty old topic but...

/cast [mounted] devotion aura ~~~substitute any aura
/cast [nomounted] crusader aura
/cast [nomounted] Summon Charger
/dismount [mounted]

this second macro will dismount for the holy shock (just the spell i use...substitute what you want but i dont think it will work unless the spell has you use has a cd) and on 2nd hit (before gcd is up) will devo

wont devo while holy shock is on cd so you dont have to worry about fatfingering a gcd...but...will redevo while spamming (before shock's gcd is up ) so be aware of that

#showtooltip holy shock
/cast holy shock
/cast devotion aura ~~sub in any aura
10-29-10, 01:27 PM   #9
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by zannisgilneas View Post

As some one stated before, changing auras is counted as casting a spell which requires a hardware click, so there is no addon that will "auto change" for you, but you can do what I did.

Livestock: auto pet/mount addon. There's a setting for us paladin's where it will auto mount when you turn on crusader aura.

Power Auras Classic: I have this set up so if I'm mounted and Crusader aura is NOT on I get a Yellow Icon that appears. If I'm in Combat and Crusader aura IS on, I get the same icon but Red. This way I know to turn crusader on/off when needed.

Last edited by Ketua : 10-29-10 at 01:29 PM.
10-29-10, 01:37 PM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Do note that the OP you are replying to posted this almost three years ago... I don't think he'll notice your reply, Ketua.

10-29-10, 06:19 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem* almost 4 years ago *ahem*

/whistles

Though there were a couple posts made almost 1 year ago...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-30-10, 09:50 AM   #12
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Hmm, looks like I need my internal calculus tinkered with! Anyone have a spare gyrowizzmaton...?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Auto-Switch For Paladin Crusader Aura