03-04-11, 11:55 PM   #1
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Bartender Bars Mirroring

I use Bartender and have for years, and use it as a complete replacement for my UI buttons.

I've been using the same profile for every character I've ever made. Today I made a new Warrior, and loaded up my default profile. When I started dragging powers into place, i noticed that my bar 7 is mirroring my bar 1.

Any power I put in Bar 1 appears in the corresponding slot of Bar 7, and vice versa. Is this a known glitch or not? I wasn't able to find any info on it or a way to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
03-05-11, 01:44 AM   #2
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ketua View Post
I use Bartender and have for years, and use it as a complete replacement for my UI buttons.

I've been using the same profile for every character I've ever made. Today I made a new Warrior, and loaded up my default profile. When I started dragging powers into place, i noticed that my bar 7 is mirroring my bar 1.

Any power I put in Bar 1 appears in the corresponding slot of Bar 7, and vice versa. Is this a known glitch or not? I wasn't able to find any info on it or a way to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not a glitch at all, Bartender uses in game bars that are already made and there. Bars 7-10 are 'stance' bars. Say as a rogue, all your abilities on yours bars while stealthed, are located on bars 7, same with warriors with stances and druids with their forms. I actually believe 6-10 are the actual designated stance bars.
03-05-11, 10:40 AM   #3
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Like Lily said, this is how the regular Blizzard bars function.

If you go to the bartender settings, click on Bar 1, and then select the State Configuration tab, you will see a section for Stance Configuration.

The default there for a Warrior is:
Battle Stance - 7
Defensive Stance - 8
Berserker Stance - 9
You have the ability here to change it to whatever you want. If you set it to "Don't Page" for say Defensive Stance and then if you switch to Defensive Stance, the bar won't change.

You will see this behavior for a lot of classes. Warriors, Druids, Rogue -Stealth & Shadow dance, Priest - Shadowform, Warlock - Demonform.
03-05-11, 10:41 AM   #4
Taryble
A Molten Giant

As Lily.Petal said, you'll see this behaviour on any class with actual stances - Shadow Priests, Rogues, Druids, and Warriors, specifically. It's 7-10 - "stanceless" uses Bar 1, but Warriors are always in a stance, so when you place an ability on "bar 1", it's actually paging to Page 7 (aka Bar 7), and is active there.

You should be able to turn off automatic paging in the configuration for your Bar 1, however - I know it's possible with Dominos, and I know Bartender has the same options, I just don't know WHERE the options are in BT.
03-05-11, 05:12 PM   #5
Ketua
Premium Member

Premium Member
Thank you very much for your help, this solved it for me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender Bars Mirroring