03-01-15, 07:06 PM   #1
lee_terry_jr
A Murloc Raider
Better flight map

I am looking for an addon that will replace the map that opens when you talk to the flight master with the one that opens when you press m and that way it will show me the all the treasures, quests, etc. that are on my main map. Having it like that will make it easier for me to see the closest flight path to where I want to go that I have unlocked and make things much simpler.
03-01-15, 07:09 PM   #2
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Take a look at WorldFlightMap.
03-01-15, 10:11 PM   #3
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

You also might consider Flight Map Enhanced, it allows you to just ctrl + left click the world map and it will automatically fly you to the closest flight point when next you visit a flight master.

Sadly this is the only functionality I utilize from it as I don't much care for the flight timer design built into the addon but you might also like that functionality as well.

- Winston Churchill
03-01-15, 11:26 PM   #4
lee_terry_jr
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Take a look at WorldFlightMap.
I just tried that and it is close but not quite right. my world map shows the yellow ! and ? where there is a quest. My big map also shows treasures on it. (see update at bottom)

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
You also might consider Flight Map Enhanced, it allows you to just ctrl + left click the world map and it will automatically fly you to the closest flight point when next you visit a flight master.

Sadly this is the only functionality I utilize from it as I don't much care for the flight timer design built into the addon but you might also like that functionality as well.
The problem with that is I would have to open my world map and ctrl + left click before going to a flight master. So it is not much different then just looking at the map myself to see where to go. The whole purpose was supposed to be so i didn't have to look at my main map just to figure out where to go before looking at the flight map to select a flight plan.

Update: @p3lim I had sent the link to that mod to my brother before testing it since he wanted a mod that did that as well (so do a few other friends) and testing it would require me to exit the game (something i didn't want to do at that moment). He has informed me that if I click on a region it will show the markers and everything. Now I feel kinda stupid lol but anyway thank you for letting me know about that addon. Its exactly what I was looking for and I have sent the link to everyone I know that was interested (I had asked like 10 people if they knew of something that did this and although none of them had known 8 of them had asked me to let them know if I found anything because they were interested.

Last edited by lee_terry_jr : 03-01-15 at 11:38 PM. Reason: update
03-02-15, 02:54 AM   #5
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lee_terry_jr View Post
I just tried that and it is close but not quite right. my world map shows the yellow ! and ? where there is a quest. My big map also shows treasures on it. (see update at bottom)

Update: @p3lim I had sent the link to that mod to my brother before testing it since he wanted a mod that did that as well (so do a few other friends) and testing it would require me to exit the game (something i didn't want to do at that moment). He has informed me that if I click on a region it will show the markers and everything. Now I feel kinda stupid lol but anyway thank you for letting me know about that addon. Its exactly what I was looking for and I have sent the link to everyone I know that was interested (I had asked like 10 people if they knew of something that did this and although none of them had known 8 of them had asked me to let them know if I found anything because they were interested.
Second picture in that addon's details clearly show it's capable of working on both the world map and the zone maps.
03-02-15, 12:23 PM   #6
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've always felt like that addon should have been more popular than it was, I guess it doesn't have much exposure.

I can't go back to the normal flight map now after having used it, though.
03-03-15, 06:10 AM   #7
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by lee_terry_jr View Post
The problem with that is I would have to open my world map and ctrl + left click before going to a flight master. So it is not much different then just looking at the map myself to see where to go. The whole purpose was supposed to be so i didn't have to look at my main map just to figure out where to go before looking at the flight map to select a flight plan.
While it is true that you need to open it its still faster, because you dont need to bother to decide which flightmaster is the closest to where you want to go and you need to open a map so or so just that it openes at flight master automatic without pressing quick m :-P
But maybe an idea for the future to open the world map too and allow left click without modifier to pick the closest one and start the flight straight away.

@Miralen
The standard one will be soon way smaller due I gonna remove the calc mode, additionally there will be a slim one just showing a little progress bar with target and time.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Better flight map