04-05-12, 09:44 AM   #1
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DeeUI 4 Feedback

[/color]DeeUi4 cleaned up

As title says this is a cleaner version of DeeUi4 . Im planing to update/upload it so for this i kindly ask for feedback; critics; what to improve etc. from Ui experts and fans around. Tyvm

Static

Combat (the graybar underactionbar is usualy treathbar when in combat and targeting mob)

Raidview- Raid/partyframes are postioned under actionbar.

Still to do: get outlinemonochrome for SLDT and Barthender (no idea how to pls helppp)

Please Feedback!!
04-05-12, 09:52 AM   #2
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Personally, I would like to see what your chat actually looks like in a screenshot.

Also, it's a bit difficult to tell how sharp it is, try setting your screenshot quality to 10 and format to TGA, then just converting it to JPEG or PNG. You'll have a much better looking picture if you do.

From what I can tell so far, I like it. It's simple, displays just enough information that I can tell you want to see, and gets the job done.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
04-05-12, 10:35 AM   #3
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

With better resolution and Chat visible.

Left chat=tradespam/guildchat etc
Right chat= raidchat/Battleground etc
Also to mention the icon over player unitframe are weakauras dinamic groups
Video for that here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLzIcsaaJU

Ty for feedback ; wtb more

Will post raidpic later also
04-05-12, 12:29 PM   #4
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Your pixel font looks to be the wrong size throughout almost the entire interface.

My eyes might be taking a break (which is totally possible), but the HP% (possibly power %) on your unitframes, Skada name/DPS and possibly the cast time number on the cast bar seem to be the only values with the correct font size.

The rest look fuzzy/inconsistently sized because they're not the proper size for the font.
04-05-12, 02:02 PM   #5
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well font is visitor in 2 versions. Theyr size is 10 all over (exception mana percent in middle). As far i know 10 is the good size for that font. Now why they are looking fuzzy at buffs/debuffs and sldt is cause i couldnt fine any way to give them monochrome outline -> LF for help here if anyone has any advice.
04-05-12, 02:20 PM   #6
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by deemaxm View Post
Well font is visitor in 2 versions. Theyr size is 10 all over (exception mana percent in middle). As far i know 10 is the good size for that font. Now why they are looking fuzzy at buffs/debuffs and sldt is cause i couldnt fine any way to give them monochrome outline -> LF for help here if anyone has any advice.
10 is not the right size. Try 8. If not 8, try 9. 10 is not it.
04-05-12, 02:28 PM   #7
unlimit
Lookin' Good

http://www.dafont.com/visitor.font

Actually, it seems the font is certainly meant to be used at 10px and multiples of 10px. >.>

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **
04-05-12, 05:31 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Like:
  • It's nice and clean.
  • You took the time to make the nameplates match the unit frames.
Dislike:
  • Pixel font.
  • Aspect ratios of pixel font and non-pixel font are totally different. Try to find fonts with similar aspect ratios so they look better together.
  • Random colored bars near the top and bottom of the screen are distracting.
  • Random black bar under your action button is pointless.
  • Inconsistent spacing between UI elements and the screen edges. See minimap and buffs for one obvious example.
  • Whatever is going on right underneath your character's feet looks like legos having a seizure and then an overcompressed JPEG threw up on them.
04-05-12, 09:59 PM   #9
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
[*] Whatever is going on right underneath your character's feet looks like legos having a seizure and then an overcompressed JPEG threw up on them.[/list]
Sorry Dee, but that's hilarious. It made me snort coffee out of my nose.
04-05-12, 10:50 PM   #10
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I loved Phanx's bizarre analogy regarding the video's quality. It definitely would have benefited from having the bitrate cranked up quite a bit more.
04-06-12, 03:34 AM   #11
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Like:
  • It's nice and clean.
  • You took the time to make the nameplates match the unit frames. -> Ty
Dislike:
  • Pixel font.
  • Aspect ratios of pixel font and non-pixel font are totally different. Try to find fonts with similar aspect ratios so they look better together.
  • Random colored bars near the top and bottom of the screen are distracting. ->the class colored bars are meant to shot general areas under which certain Ui elements ar postitioned (chat1-2; Buffs; DBM; Map)
  • Random black bar under your action button is pointless.->its the place for TreathBar , dosent apear for dummy dono why
  • Inconsistent spacing between UI elements and the screen edges. See minimap and buffs for one obvious example. -> agree; will fix it
  • Whatever is going on right underneath your character's feet looks like legos having a seizure and then an overcompressed JPEG threw up on them. -> its 4 square for 4 Arcaneblast stacks , blue bar is Arcane power and the [ ] apears when 4 stacks -> will try to make a better version that is more clear and pretty
Regarding pixel fonts and the fact i cant get monochromeoutline for them on addons like SBF and SLDT i will consider mooving to a SanSerif font type

TYVM for Feedback

Last edited by deemaxm : 04-06-12 at 03:36 AM.
04-06-12, 03:35 AM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

Haha, I was actually just talking about the static combat screenshot he posted. It's not even moving and it looks like a seizure.
04-06-12, 06:14 AM   #13
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by unlimit View Post
http://www.dafont.com/visitor.font

Actually, it seems the font is certainly meant to be used at 10px and multiples of 10px. >.>
Some of his texts use the correct size. Some do not. 10 might be correct for one of them, as he mentioned he uses two variations of Visitor.
04-06-12, 06:45 AM   #14
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sorted SLDT and SBF fonts. No i neeed to get OUtline Monochrome for OmniCC, anyone knows how?

04-06-12, 08:39 AM   #15
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

The fonts on your unitframes still seems to be to big however
04-06-12, 09:46 AM   #16
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I dont realy understand that font scale etc. ( Al i understood that visitor font is made for size 10 and multiples and that what i tryed to apply everywhere. But beyond that i have no idea about sizing of fonts and how i can observe if a pixel font is corectly size or no. So if anyone can quick explain i would be extremly thankfull.
04-06-12, 10:24 AM   #17
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

This gives a side by side example of pixel fonts at their proper and improper sizes.

http://www.republicofcode.com/tutori...al/pixel_blue/

Image from the article:

The font on your nameplates is a proper multiple of the font's native size.
As a comparison, look at the font on your unitframes (the name, specifically) and the data text on your minimap. Each letter varies in width and the Visitor font is supposed to be even.

Also, if you're 100% sure you're only using sizes 10, 20 (whatever the proper size for the font is), etc... if an addon is scaled it might change the size of the font. You'll have to unscale the object or adjust the size of the font so it's the right size (ex - addon is at 0.8 scale your font might have to be 8 instead of 10).
04-06-12, 10:53 AM   #18
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Your castbar font is the wrong size and so is your SLDT font.

A good way to see incorrect sizes would be to turn off Monochrome, and then see if they're blurry or not.
04-07-12, 03:57 AM   #19
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've checked all scaling setting : UI scale =1 ; Stuf Unitframes scale =1; and SLDT dosent have any scaling option. So scale wise it shold be fine. Will try to look at replacing visitor.ttf with other pixel font.
If anyone has any recomandations theyr highly welcome.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » DeeUI 4 Feedback