03-19-09, 05:14 AM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

What stats determine tank or dps?

I am thinking of starting a druid and read that feral is easier to lvl up. Having played a shaman, well mostly casters, I see in groups the druids being asked if they are tank or dps. I really have no experience playing a melee character. So what stats determine if the druid is tank or dps? Is one better than the other or is that just determined by group needs?

Thanks

Bellator
03-19-09, 06:22 AM   #2
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Melee dps looks for stats like crit rating, haste, hit, str /agi. A druid tank likes stam and dodge. Basically... I don't play a druid so I can't really be sure on it.
03-19-09, 08:50 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When they ask if tank or dps, it's a question mostly in regards to talents (@lvl 70+). If you are leveling as feral and want to do either tank or dps, as required, just stack stam and agility and you should be fine to tank or dps anything at your level +1 if you are putting your points into feral talents.

There are tons of feral guides to help out in more detail. None are really perfect for everyone. What level is your Druid? That could help to give better specifics you're looking for.
03-20-09, 04:22 AM   #4
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks for the info I was thinking along the lines that you mentioned. My druid is only lvl 22, but what a hoot. At this lvl she is pretty much evenly tank/dps geared. Its a definite change from standing back and nuking or healing in a group.

Thanks guys

Bellator
03-20-09, 04:29 AM   #5
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
http://http://www.emmerald.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=cccb865fe5f7b09a11d41417087be5e6&board=8.0[/url]
Best info for a druid i know of. I lov mine
03-31-09, 07:12 PM   #6
Arthinos
A Murloc Raider
You may want to check out a few posts on ElitistJerks too: http://www.elitistjerks.com

Lots of detailed info there (probably more than you need, lol)
03-31-09, 11:54 PM   #7
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Been awhile since I played my feral but he was Mr. Fuzzybuns specced.

As a feral tank you want as much Stam and Agil as possible, while trying to get your defense to 540 cap (@ lvl 80) as fast as possible. You want lots and lots of Dodge too (remembering that Parry and Block are useless). Armor is always nice, though not quite as important as pre-WotLK.

I never specced cat, but you would want hit and crit instead of defense, while keeping stam and agil. Mostly the difference is in talents as mentioned.

wowwiki.com usually has some good builds and write-ups, worth checking out.

04-01-09, 12:00 AM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Gemini_II View Post
Been awhile since I played my feral but he was Mr. Fuzzybuns specced.

As a feral tank you want as much Stam and Agil as possible, while trying to get your defense to 540 cap (@ lvl 80) as fast as possible. You want lots and lots of Dodge too (remembering that Parry and Block are useless). Armor is always nice, though not quite as important as pre-WotLK.

I never specced cat, but you would want hit and crit instead of defense, while keeping stam and agil. Mostly the difference is in talents as mentioned.

wowwiki.com usually has some good builds and write-ups, worth checking out.

Defense is not needed, crit immune through talents is available. I /agree with the rest though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=33856

Last edited by Yhor : 04-01-09 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Talent link

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » What stats determine tank or dps?