12-17-16, 03:15 AM   #1
Heybarbaruiva
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Replacing Stuf Unit Frame's role icons

As the title says, I'd like to change the role textures (DPS, Healer and Tank) Stuf Unit Frames uses on it's raid frames to custom ones I've been working on. I didn't find any .tga or .blp files inside Stuf's folders so I have no idea how to change it. Any of the more lua-knowledgeable people out there care to help me out?

Tyvm!

Last edited by Heybarbaruiva : 12-17-16 at 12:51 PM.
12-17-16, 04:48 AM   #2
Thubz
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Heybarbaruiva View Post
As the title says, I'd like to change the textures Stuf Unit Frames uses on it's raid frames to custom ones I've been working on. I didn't find any .tga or .blp files inside Stuf's folders so I have no idea how to change it. Any of the more lua-knowledgeable people out there care to help me out?

Tyvm!
Hey,

i'm not a expert when it comes to coding and such but what i expect is this:
It probeley uses the default icons, u can simply import/export wow textures and then find the correct .blp and alter them, then trow the folder in the interface folder.

Altho im not sure if this is the case i do assume it is.
12-17-16, 12:16 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you talking about the actual statusbar textures? Stuf uses LibSharedMedia, so you can use any texture that yourself (through the SharedMedia addon)or another addon registers with the library. There is a dropdown in the options window to change which texture Stuf displays.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-17-16, 12:51 PM   #4
Heybarbaruiva
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Are you talking about the actual statusbar textures? Stuf uses LibSharedMedia, so you can use any texture that yourself (through the SharedMedia addon)or another addon registers with the library. There is a dropdown in the options window to change which texture Stuf displays.
I forgot a couple of works, my bad. I was actually talking about the role icons.
12-17-16, 07:21 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm pretty sure Stuf uses the icons present in the default UI (though I haven't used Stuf in a couple of years). You can do a manual texture replacement in the Interface folder for that.

You can replace the texture by creating the same folder/filename in your Interface folder. Find out where by doing the second command here and searching through.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-17-16, 11:40 PM   #6
Heybarbaruiva
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I'm pretty sure Stuf uses the icons present in the default UI (though I haven't used Stuf in a couple of years). You can do a manual texture replacement in the Interface folder for that.

You can replace the texture by creating the same folder/filename in your Interface folder. Find out where by doing the second command here and searching through.

You were right. It's the Interface\LFGFRAME\UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES.BLP file. But it turns out StufUnitFrames's raid module does not support role icons like the party frames do or at least I'm yet to find them.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Replacing Stuf Unit Frame's role icons