02-20-09, 06:09 AM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Global Chat Colors?

Instead of changing each individual characters chat text colors, one at a time. Is there a way to set all the chat text colors between characters in one step, making a global change?

Thanks

Bellator
02-20-09, 08:07 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Instead of changing each individual characters chat text colors, one at a time. Is there a way to set all the chat text colors between characters in one step, making a global change?

Thanks

Bellator
Some chat mods like Chatter will save chat channel colors across your account. If you want to use a different color setup for one character, then you can create a new profile within Chatter.
02-20-09, 09:54 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Other than that, you'll need to copy the Chat-Cache.txt file across all characters' WTF folders.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-20-09, 04:05 PM   #4
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thanks I'll look into Chatter, if not what I want the copy thing seems pretty easy fix.

Bellator
02-21-09, 10:25 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Thanks I'll look into Chatter, if not what I want the copy thing seems pretty easy fix.

Bellator
I use Chatter merely as my example as that is the Chat mod I use (and have used for quite a long time). However others like Prat may also have chat channel color support as well.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Global Chat Colors?