12-22-06, 02:49 AM   #1
Ragny
A Murloc Raider
Question Anything like Gatherer?

Just curious if any addons are around like Gatherer for mining. Let me know if anyone knows of one that would work. Thanks!
12-22-06, 03:21 AM   #2
Cordelia
A Defias Bandit
Yes, there is, it is called Cartographer. Although the necessary parts of the Cartographer package are not posted here, you can get them at www.wowace.com/files . You'll need Cartographer_Mining, Cartogpraher_Herbalism, and there is a good topic on the wowace forums about how to convert the Gatherer database to Cartographer format.
12-22-06, 03:32 AM   #3
Ragny
A Murloc Raider
Last time i tried to use wowace.com i couldnt find my way around that site. but ill give it a shot!
12-22-06, 05:37 AM   #4
tenmiles
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Ragny
Last time i tried to use wowace.com i couldnt find my way around that site. but ill give it a shot!
wowace.com is the main site, on the left there is a link to the addons listing, which'll give you a list of links to the pages that have the mods and their descriptions (if they have one). The page for each mod is wowace.com/wiki/<modname> if you find a mod you like change "wiki" to "files" and that'll take you to where you download. You can choose whichever revision is latest (as indicated by having the highest number following the letter r (r#######) at the end of the name)

The same idea can be done in reverse. Many people will link a mod's download link, rather than the wiki link, which can look like wowace.com/files/<modname>/<modname>-r######.zip so to get to the wiki (which can be helpfull in deciding if you actually want the mod) just remove everything past the first <modname> and change files to wiki so that it looks like wowace.com/wiki/<modname> and you should be able to get a description of the mod with screenshots and whatnot.

Not all mods have their wiki pages filled out. The wiki will make a page for it with the look and feel of the wowace.com site, but it will be empty of useful information. There's a nice little box that says as much if the page is neglected, so what you can do from there is head on over to this site and search for the mod. In most cases you'll be able to find it here.

It's worth noting that wowace.com is the home of the beta versions. They're updated CONSTANTLY with lots of minor and mostly insignificant changes. If you encounter a problem with a mod from wowace.com try checking back every 4-5 hours for an updated version to see if that works better, or try an older version of the same mod. For the "stable" versions of a mod search for them here. There's a section of this site for just ace mods, but not all ace mods are listed in that section.

Hope this helps you out some

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Anything like Gatherer?