04-23-09, 11:32 AM   #1
Phenomena
A Murloc Raider
Punks list

So I just installed carbonite and holy crap this addon has a bunch of stuff to figure out xD

anyways about the Punks list, does it only tell you the enemies that have carbonite as well or anyone thats is around a friendly player that has carbonite?

04-23-09, 11:38 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It will detect any enemy player near you and put their name in the punk list.
You can click the player name and it will target them if possible.

If you add a player to your punks list (open up the punks tab in the social window) it will detect that player near you or any other player using Carbonite in the current zone.

05-01-09, 12:05 PM   #3
Tequima
An Aku'mai Servant
Unhappy Is there any way to turn this irritating feature off?

I'm on a PvE server and every time I go into a shared area the map starts flashing - VERY irritating. Please - how do I turn this off, as the "punk" options I have already unchecked do not do the trick?

I also hope this is a module I can disable, as my PC is struggling already. Tried doing without it, and its disabled on my main completely due to performance impacts in 25 mans along with non-raid mods, but its quest tracking and map is too useful for those hard-to-find collection quests!

Great add-on, but please, please don't let it become "bloatware"!

05-03-09, 10:14 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Uncheck "Show on map" and "Show chat warning.." on the Social & Punks page of the Options window.

11-06-09, 11:41 PM   #5
RedLegg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Uncheck "Show on map" and "Show chat warning.." on the Social & Punks page of the Options window.
Suppose a user simply wishes to not have the Punk List display on the Main area of the world? I have set the tranperancy to the lowest level, which sort of hides the list from view, but surely there is an option to not have that list display at all.

Using the above "does" keep the Punks from showing on your mini and main map though.

Cheers,

11-08-09, 02:29 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

On your "Social and Punks" options page, there is an option to "Hide punk target button window". Check that box, and it won't bother you any more.

11-10-09, 03:38 PM   #7
Wytchie
A Kobold Labourer
Only works until I log out

Why is it that all the options in Carbonite work only until I log out. Then the next time I log in I have to hide the punk list, etc etc. etc. I LOVE this addon, but I am getting pretty bent at not being able to save the features I set.

Thanks for your help--being a new Carbonite user, I am thinking I have done something wrong, but would appreciate all your help.

Thanks,
Wytchie

11-10-09, 05:26 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It may be that depending on which OS you have, WoW may not be allowed to write to the WTF folders, which are where all the settings get saved. Is Carbonite the only addon you run and if not, do you have to setup every addon each time you log in also?

I vaguely recall this issue only affecting Windows Vista/7 due to the UAC.

10-08-10, 02:25 PM   #9
evlkind
A Defias Bandit
Modules...

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post

That only hides it. Not disable.

I'd actually help support this addon as I do love it; with one exception
the lack of modularization.

"hiding" things. doesn't keep them from eating your resources.
Look at DBM; or even Xforte for example. each one, is actually a bunch of addons; due to being modules.

carbonite is a huge resource hog from hell at times.
and i honestly use it for the social frame (extended friendslist ftw?) and for the nodes (only cuz it'll flash them when they're spotted by the finder

. Do you have any plans on breaking this thing down into modules? (moreso than it is)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Punks list