05-12-13, 07:12 PM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
New Module, Carbonite.Weekly

So I mentioned it before... and here it is (actual module will be included in next alpha release).

My question... anything else I should track on that screen?

Day of week your reset happens is set in the options.

05-12-13, 08:07 PM   #2
quixadhal
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not for that screen, but any chance a similar module could track daily quests for characters?

05-13-13, 06:11 AM   #3
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Could you track the turn in for Mogu runes of fate? You know, just for us lazy people . would cut down on the toon jumping to find out who has done it and who hasn't

05-13-13, 06:23 AM   #4
Billtopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have to say that this looks to be an awesome addition to Carbonite... and I think the Runes of Fate is a good addition as I am lucky if I remember to do that once every other week.

05-13-13, 03:02 PM   #5
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
+1 for runes of fate!

I never log out in the main city so I do not see the quest icon, and so many times I have gone to a raid without my weekly runes as I forgot to pick them up!!

Or even the ability to turn on/off the options so we can only track what we want to (I for one wouldn't want to track the key to the palace or Ritual Stones!)

05-14-13, 01:12 AM   #6
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I would be interested in a line that identifies amount/Percentage of rest, per toon
This information could appear next to the character information on the left side panel
Of course; This would be an option that could be turned on/off (or not) by the end user.

I would also like to see a time/date stamp as to when each weekly was completed.

Query:

Will this only show completed until Tuesday at server reset, or can we get a notification that the weekly has been reset.
One of my personal biggest problems each week is remembering when I did the weekly last. Without a clear identification, or schedule, I many times find that I am under my week, because I forgot when last I did it

you may have answered this with your statement of:
Day of week your reset happens is set in the options.
If so; please explain this a bit more so that I may better get a grip on the explanation

Last edited by sgtevmckay : 05-14-13 at 01:34 AM.

05-14-13, 01:19 AM   #7
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by quixadhal View Post
Not for that screen, but any chance a similar module could track daily quests for characters?
I am also equally enthusiastic about this additional Module concept

05-14-13, 01:55 AM   #8
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Need to add the Chamberlain to the weekly for Thunder isle.

If the Thunder Isle Rare Spawns can only be looted once a week, These may also be added.

Dangerous Question here;
How far , or expansive, do you wish this module to be?
Am I getting carried away with your current intent.

05-14-13, 08:37 AM   #9
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I wonder if it would be possible to track dailies as well as weeklies... Maybe have a separate module for this module...
(yo dawg.. I heard you like modules... so we can have modules for your modules, while you make modules for more modules)

I don't just mean the current mountain of dailies when you hit 90... I mean the old dailies too..

I keep forgetting what dailies to do lol, My notepad next to my lappy is getting quite a mess...

05-14-13, 09:03 AM   #10
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to track dailies as well as weeklies... Maybe have a separate module for this module...
(yo dawg.. I heard you like modules... so we can have modules for your modules, while you make modules for more modules)

I don't just mean the current mountain of dailies when you hit 90... I mean the old dailies too..

I keep forgetting what dailies to do lol, My notepad next to my lappy is getting quite a mess...
It is entirely possible to do the same thing with dailies... but that would be future, this was more a test for myself of how easy creating a new module that integrates fully with carbonite would be, since up to now everything was pulled apart, but nothing new was ever done to really test the new modularization system.

05-14-13, 09:04 AM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post
Need to add the Chamberlain to the weekly for Thunder isle.

If the Thunder Isle Rare Spawns can only be looted once a week, These may also be added.

Dangerous Question here;
How far , or expansive, do you wish this module to be?
Am I getting carried away with your current intent.
Ooh good one, i'll add that... forgot about chamberlain.

05-15-13, 08:16 PM   #12
Twink
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Will all of these be optional?

Or am I forced to track all of them or none of them?

I would prefer a system like the quest log where you can turn tracking on/off for each individual quest (if possible )

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » New Module, Carbonite.Weekly