12-04-08, 12:13 AM   #1
khurzog
A Frostmaul Preserver

need to stop wow crashing

every time i take off from dalaran (flying mount or FP) i get a critical error.

"
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program E:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
File: .\M2Shared.cpp
Line 212

Requested 2309728 bytes of memory

Press OK to terminate the application
"

when i google this error i find a the typical blue post saying its addon related. of course im not really looking forward to narrowing it down by crashing the game every time. so ill post my addon list and maybe others who have the same problem can do the same, then maybe we can get a good idea of whats causing this. in the mean time im gonna disable some of the older mods, even though they seem harmless.

all my addons, which are all current, and only a handful pre 3.0

ACP, Align, Altoholic, AlwaysLFG, Atlas (loot), AuctioneerSuite (all), Auditor2, AuldLandSyne, AutoRes, AzCastBar, AzCrit, BadBoy, Baggins, BangItHarder, BigWigs, Bio_Pulse, Bio_Tint, Blipstick, Capping, Cartographer, Chatter, DHUD, DoTimer, Elephant, EveryQuest, Examiner, Fizzle, FlightMap, FluidFrames, FreeRefills, FuBar(AmmoFu, Auto_LootFu, BattlegroundFu, ChatAlertsFu, ChatLockFu, DurabilityFu, EmoteFu, ExperienceFu, FactionsFu, GarbageFu, GearRating, HonorFuPlus, MailFu, MicroMenu, PerformanceFu, SkillsPlusFu, SpeedFu, SwitcherFu, TrackerFu, TrainerFu, FuTextures), GemHelper, GroupCalendar, Guild_Log, GuildBankSearch, HandyNotes, HatTrick, HitsMode, HKCounter, Intel, ItemRack, Lightheaded, LinkWrangler, LittleWigs, Macaroon, MinimapButtonFrame, Mobnotes, Ogri'Lazy, Omen, PitBull, Postal, Proximo, PvPTab, QBar, QuestAnnouncer, QuestHelper, RatingBuster, Recount, Sapper, SCT(D), SickOfClickingDailies, Skillet, Talented (Data), TimeUntilAFK3, TipTac, UberQuest, WIM, XLoot (x4), ZoneDefense

any help appreciated, thanks!
12-04-08, 01:46 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by khurzog View Post
every time i take off from dalaran (flying mount or FP) i get a critical error.

"
Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program E:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
File: .\M2Shared.cpp
Line 212

Requested 2309728 bytes of memory

Press OK to terminate the application
"

when i google this error i find a the typical blue post saying its addon related. of course im not really looking forward to narrowing it down by crashing the game every time. so ill post my addon list and maybe others who have the same problem can do the same, then maybe we can get a good idea of whats causing this. in the mean time im gonna disable some of the older mods, even though they seem harmless.

all my addons, which are all current, and only a handful pre 3.0

ACP, Align, Altoholic, AlwaysLFG, Atlas (loot), AuctioneerSuite (all), Auditor2, AuldLandSyne, AutoRes, AzCastBar, AzCrit, BadBoy, Baggins, BangItHarder, BigWigs, Bio_Pulse, Bio_Tint, Blipstick, Capping, Cartographer, Chatter, DHUD, DoTimer, Elephant, EveryQuest, Examiner, Fizzle, FlightMap, FluidFrames, FreeRefills, FuBar(AmmoFu, Auto_LootFu, BattlegroundFu, ChatAlertsFu, ChatLockFu, DurabilityFu, EmoteFu, ExperienceFu, FactionsFu, GarbageFu, GearRating, HonorFuPlus, MailFu, MicroMenu, PerformanceFu, SkillsPlusFu, SpeedFu, SwitcherFu, TrackerFu, TrainerFu, FuTextures), GemHelper, GroupCalendar, Guild_Log, GuildBankSearch, HandyNotes, HatTrick, HitsMode, HKCounter, Intel, ItemRack, Lightheaded, LinkWrangler, LittleWigs, Macaroon, MinimapButtonFrame, Mobnotes, Ogri'Lazy, Omen, PitBull, Postal, Proximo, PvPTab, QBar, QuestAnnouncer, QuestHelper, RatingBuster, Recount, Sapper, SCT(D), SickOfClickingDailies, Skillet, Talented (Data), TimeUntilAFK3, TipTac, UberQuest, WIM, XLoot (x4), ZoneDefense

any help appreciated, thanks!
The standard reply from tech support when they see QuestHelper in a crash report... delete QuestHelper.

Edit: Also delete the Cache folder in case there are any corrupt files in there. It's safe to delete and will be recreated again when you log back in.

Last edited by Petrah : 12-04-08 at 01:55 AM.
12-04-08, 06:17 PM   #3
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
The standard reply from tech support when they see QuestHelper in a crash report... delete QuestHelper.
Yeah they love to bash QH ;-). But seriously try running with QH disabled and if that fixes it be sure to submit a bug report. I have my doubts though. The main issue people have been having with QH and Dalaran is not being able to log in.
12-04-08, 07:34 PM   #4
Drauer
A Fallenroot Satyr

I got same issues with QH and/or Recount.

Now when my WoW crashes on login of /reload, I just delete all questhelper.lua & recount.lua from WTF subfolder (yep, I'm loosing my config) and delete /cache/ subfolder.
12-05-08, 01:08 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Vyper View Post
Yeah they love to bash QH ;-).
I'm a frequent visitor/volunteer in that forum and have never seen any tech there bash an addon. Nine times out of ten when a complete error log is given and QH shows up in the error log, telling them to remove QH fixes their issue.
12-05-08, 03:46 AM   #6
Thaoky
An Aku'mai Servant
I have the same issue, but I can tell you that neither QH nor recount are guilty for me, since I don't use them. I'm not using a lot of addons actually: Atlas, AtlasLoot, Altoholic, X-Perl, SimpleCoords., GuildEventManager.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that it may be related to third party applications (not even directly) since it usually happens when I'm using teamspeak. And I do not mean just having TS in the background, but actually pressing a key to talk (i'm using push to talk, not voice activation), which tells me that wow's main loop may not like to have specific keys kept pressed when in flight, since I had this problem in the past as well, and never found out how to fix it.

So TS is not directly involved, but I seriously suspect this explanation to be the cause of crashes. What about you guys ?

Edit: @Drauer: The login crashes you're reporting are different than what the OP reported. Yours are probably caused by QH, a guildie had the same issue, and it seems to happen especially at night when there are more people connected in the guild.

The issue I was referring to is specifically as the OP mentioned, only during flights.
12-05-08, 05:38 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Thaoky View Post

So TS is not directly involved, but I seriously suspect this explanation to be the cause of crashes. What about you guys ?

It totally depends on the type of crash you're getting, and if there is an error log. The only true way to know is to post the entire error log along with your dxdiag info over on the tech forums and have someone take a look at it. Sometimes just looking at the error log or looking at the dxdiag info they can tell what the issue is, but other times it takes the end user doing some fairly extensive troubleshooting to find out what the culprit of a crash is.

Most of the howtos, what to look for, and how to troubleshoot the different errors are found in the stickies. The biggest mistake people make though is thinking that all error 134's are the same, or that all error 132's are the same etcetera. You and I could both get an error 134 crash, but both of us will have a different underlying cause.
12-23-08, 02:18 AM   #8
Thaoky
An Aku'mai Servant
Small bump cause I just fixed this issue.

After looking on the US forums, I found out that the cause of this problem was that I was running Vista without SP1. So if you're in the same situation, it might be worth applying SP1, as it fixed other issues as well (like FPS stuttering every ~15 seconds).

Hope this helps.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » need to stop wow crashing