mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

inc wall of addons. ---->
07-12-10, 04:56 PM   #22
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I assume the fact they've given you and I assume curse these keys that they are getting close to adding the addon side of things to the beta ?
07-12-10, 05:00 PM   #23
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Just love this, happened with TBC and now again. Thank you Blizzard and WOWI for this opportunity to test and bugfix our AddOns!
07-12-10, 05:28 PM   #24
Aalwein
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Ok, authors, I expect all my addons to work upon launch of Cataclysm. You can blame Cairenn for these expectations! If any addons fail to work, there will be tar-ings, feather-ings, and pies-in-the-face!

I'm kidding, of course; I think it's awesome that Cairenn (or whomever at WoWInterface) managed to get our great authors in on this deal! Good luck with the compatibility changes!
07-12-10, 05:29 PM   #25
Sythalin
Curse staff

You guys are awesome. It's moments like this that make me proud to host my addons here.
07-12-10, 05:30 PM   #26
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc.

Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^

Last edited by neverg : 07-12-10 at 05:38 PM.
07-12-10, 05:32 PM   #27
Sythalin
Curse staff

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Regarding addons, will we be able to upload cataclysm versions of our addons to WoWinterface and how will that work? (if it will).
If it's anything like the previous expansions, authors will find a checkbox to show that their addon is "Cataclysm compatible".
07-12-10, 06:07 PM   #28
Selina
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.
07-12-10, 06:11 PM   #29
Shadowed
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Awesome, Ticket 89! :]

Thanks WoWInterface for this opportunity. I created a Portuguese WoW / MMO Website in Portuguese (Massivo.net) and this comes in handy too so I can report news, take screenshots, etc.

I knew when I chose WoWInterface that this was the best place to host my addons! ^^
Yup, you can already upload to our Cataclysm category, although that won't do you much good right now with addons being disabled.
07-12-10, 06:11 PM   #30
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We were told it does not matter.

Next 50 keys have been assigned. Tracking numbers #000051 - #000100
07-12-10, 06:16 PM   #31
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Selina View Post
Hmm, maybe I missed something, but is there no option to denote whether one plays on eu or us realms this time around ?

Just asking because the Wotlk beta keys for addon authors were seperated into US and EU keys.
Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.
07-12-10, 06:35 PM   #32
Sythalin
Curse staff

What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!
07-12-10, 06:42 PM   #33
yj589794
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
What I'm amazed by at this point is the sudden jump in updated/new addons since this announcement, including some I've only seen released on Curse/WoWace.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!!
You might be right on that one.

I only hope that those addons added to the site are kept up to date. Having to check here and on curse to find the latest version is a pain.
07-12-10, 06:50 PM   #34
Selina
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Mine seemed to work on the US server just fine I just had to change the language from English (EU) to English (US). I think where BattleNet is locale ignorant so to speak that you can log into your account and just switch to EU or US and transfer your characters that way. When I had it on EU it showed I had no characters. But on US I have several.
Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)
07-12-10, 06:51 PM   #35
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm not entirely sure on that one (I just have one account). The instructions on Battle.net should be able to tell you what to do, though.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-12-10, 07:26 PM   #36
Lothay
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Selina View Post
Thanks for the information. So I just add the key like I would a new game and then can transfer characters from one of my live accounts or do I have to choose which one I want to upgrade ? (To clarify I got two WoW Accounts on my battle.net ID)
I have two WoW accounts linked to one battle.net account. I was able to freely add characters from either WoW account to my WoW Beta account.
07-12-10, 07:43 PM   #37
Selina
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for your help Lothay and many thanks to Cairenn and the rest of WoWInterface for making this possible. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
07-12-10, 07:51 PM   #38
Si_
A Fallenroot Satyr

I seem to remember for the WotLK beta anyone with a mod in the mini games/ROFL type category didnt get access to a key until they requested it or something, I seem to remember having to do something extra to get my key.

Is this the case this time around as it says I am not eligible
07-12-10, 07:56 PM   #39
Duugu
Premium Member

You really take care of me. Thanks a lot for this.
07-12-10, 08:00 PM   #40
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Yes, send me a PM Si_ with a link to your latest AddOn and I'll enter you if its more than a few lines of code.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!