09-30-19, 06:21 PM   #21
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
not _fully_ working as I just updated 1 addon, only uploaded a classic zip and now it shows as
BfA + Classic with 2 buttons instead of 1 like before and the R one is the previous classic zip
https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...DBClassic.html
09-30-19, 06:24 PM   #22
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Ah ok, I think for now if you don't provide the compatibility game version it will let you upload classic without it adding it as a 2nd download.

I'll work on a more perm fix.
09-30-19, 06:28 PM   #23
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
> Ah ok, I think for now if you don't provide the compatibility game version it will let you upload classic without it adding it as a 2nd download.

it's not exactly an option with the current packager, I need to give it -g so it changes my toc for me which I think is what is also sent (guessing, not sure) to wowi

I can leave it as is for now I guess or maybe you mean manually re upload the same zip?
09-30-19, 06:32 PM   #24
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I was able to manually fix it. I'll work on a perm fix

Edit:

bug should be fixed now.

Last edited by Dolby : 09-30-19 at 06:34 PM.
09-30-19, 06:41 PM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
So, to make sure I understand ...

If I upload an addon for Classic and marked for a Classic Version it should be downloadable using the 'C' button, but with a requirement for a Retail version at the moment ?

And similarly an addon for Retail and marked for a Retail Version it should be downloadable using the 'R' button ?

And finally, if you have an addon that works with both Classic and Retail and doesn't need any changes, barring the TOC Interface number, and marked for Retail and Classic Version that same addon will be marked for download under both buttons ?
09-30-19, 06:43 PM   #26
MooreaTv
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I was able to manually fix it. I'll work on a perm fix

Edit:

bug should be fixed now.
Thanks ! and sorry I was trying to fix it myself by reuploading manually. Will stop touching it until next release now!
10-01-19, 10:26 PM   #27
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

What's going to happen to Classic category?
Can you add a way to merge projects and/or redirect to main?
This is also relevant for any expansion beta categories
10-23-19, 02:34 AM   #28
Jim-Bim
A Murloc Raider

Does this work with the checkboxes on the web upload page or currently still only available via api?
01-15-20, 02:26 AM   #29
Jim-Bim
A Murloc Raider

Are there still plans for improvements regarding retail/classic versions?
02-11-20, 02:30 PM   #30
LudiusMaximus
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I just tried to upload a retail and classic version of an addon via the web interface, but I can only find "modify file". When I do this, my "retail" upload replaces the "classic" one and vice versa. How do I add an extra file? Is this even possible with the web interface? If not, how do you do it?
03-13-20, 06:58 AM   #31
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by LudiusMaximus View Post
I just tried to upload a retail and classic version of an addon via the web interface, but I can only find "modify file". When I do this, my "retail" upload replaces the "classic" one and vice versa. How do I add an extra file? Is this even possible with the web interface? If not, how do you do it?
The dual file download page classic uploads only work via our api at the moment. For now I'd continue to have 2 seperate projects.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-13-20 at 07:02 AM.
03-20-20, 07:59 AM   #32
d87
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm having issues with classic (1.13.4) releases from packager overwriting the retail version. And i remember it working fine just after the release of 1.13.4, so something happened since then
03-20-20, 08:02 AM   #33
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Sorry, should be fixed now.
05-06-20, 05:41 PM   #34
LudiusMaximus

I used the API to upload a classic version for DynamicCam.

The file name was automatically given a date prefix. Is this normal, or could I have done anything to prevent this?

Another question: There seems to be no way of showing two separate changelogs for retail and classic, right?

Last edited by LudiusMaximus : 05-06-20 at 05:51 PM.
05-06-20, 05:52 PM   #35
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Correct, no separate changelogs for classic/retail. I still suggest a separate release if the classic version is different enough.

We store the files in folders using the project id/classic/ so if there is a file named the same already in the folder it will start to prefix it with things. Since you already had a file named DynamicCam_classic-1.0.0.zip it put the next update as 05-06-20-DynamicCam_classic-1.0.0.zip to avoid a conflict. Not the best system but its what we have atm.
05-06-20, 05:59 PM   #36
LudiusMaximus

Ah, I see. I uploaded again, because I thought something had gone wrong the first time: The page still only showed the retail version except for "Compatibility: Classic Patch (1.13.4)". So I uploaded again only to realise that my previous upload had obviously just taken some time to be fully processed.

Another odd thing I noticed: Both times I uploaded the classic file, a copy of my retail file was automatically (and unnecessariliy) put into the archive. I manually deleted these archived files afterwards.

Thanks!
05-12-20, 12:49 PM   #37
LudiusMaximus

So in order to have two changelogs I now created a dedicated classic project for my addon.
(Thanks, Dolby, for deleting the classic file in the latter!)

The first upload when creating the classic project had to be manual via the web page. But what happens when I use the API the next time?

Am I allowed to put e.g. '1.13.4' in the 'compatible' endpoint? Its description goes: "If you provide the classic version number it will tag your upload for classic." But will it recognise that my current file is already classic and replace it? Or will it think my current file is retail and add the new API upload as classic, like it seemed to be the case some time ago?
06-22-20, 12:32 PM   #38
LudiusMaximus

The first upload when creating the classic project had to be manual via the web page. But what happens when I use the API the next time?

Am I allowed to put e.g. '1.13.4' in the 'compatible' endpoint? Its description goes: "If you provide the classic version number it will tag your upload for classic." But will it recognise that my current file is already classic and replace it? Or will it think my current file is retail and add the new API upload as classic, like it seemed to be the case some time ago?
It is as I suspected: My second upload via the API got recognised as "classic", and my initial upload is still shown as a putative "retail" version (but at the same time it is also shown as archived... @Dolby or any admin, is there a way to not show the putative "retail" link any more?

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...amClassic.html

Last edited by LudiusMaximus : 06-22-20 at 12:47 PM.
06-22-20, 01:40 PM   #39
LudiusMaximus

It is as I suspected: My second upload via the API got recognised as "classic", and my initial upload is still shown as a putative "retail" version (but at the same time it is also shown as archived... @Dolby or any admin, is there a way to not show the putative "retail" link any more?

https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...amClassic.html
Hm, this is even more messy... I just uploaded a third "classic" version (1.1.1) via API. My previous "classic" version (1.1.0) did not get replaced, though. Only the changelog was updated including the 1.1.1 entry.

And instead of archiving the previous 1.1.0 classic version, I got a second copy of 1.0.0 in the archive...

Then I uploaded 1.1.1 again and this time it actually did replace the previous file. But yet another copy of 1.0.0 was added to the archive.

Last edited by LudiusMaximus : 06-22-20 at 02:22 PM.
06-24-20, 04:17 AM   #40
LudiusMaximus

I just tried uploading my newest version (classic-1.1.2) three times via the API. Each time another copy of the putative retail version (actually classic-1.0.0) was added to the archive. But the classic download link is still referencing to classic-1.1.1.

I looked how other classic addons are doing it. They do not use the additional "classic" download link, but still the compatibility states a classic version like "Classic Patch (1.13.4)".

So how do I upload my file via the API setting the compatibility to a classic version but not have the file added as classic download link in my addon? Isn't both done with the -F "compatible=..." endpoint at the same time?

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Different Addon versions for Retail and Classic