View Poll Results: What are you opinions of tradeskills mods?
I don't bother much with a profession/Don't see much use for them 0 0%
I would like to see more availible to know what options I have 2 100.00%
Tradeskill mods already cover all my needs 0 0%
This idea covers my needs (post anything else you feel I missed!) 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-18-05, 01:19 PM   #1
Gaean
A Fallenroot Satyr

Tradeskills specific mods

Hi, I am hoping that someone can find a way to develop a "Crafter's Toolbox" of sorts for the professional in your life. As an aspiring leatherworking goddess I tried to find some tools to help me ("Skin Info") but found it very clumsy for my needs. So what I am requesting is the following:

Database capacities to view locations of leatherworking material locations by zone, mini-zone, and drop %. Also an option to overlay the main map with colored coded area shading (color definitions and opacity controled) the generalized area where the tradeskill materials could be found. These areas can be based on a small radius from where the player found the item. As the player collects more tradeskill materials, more of the main map is shaded. In essence this will create a 'item harvesting' region that the player will know where to go to.. well for harvesting the material. Also, might be pretty frivilous, a color coded legend that can be unlocked and locked overlaying the map.

As the player collects the material also the database would be filled with the applicable information, which then will be used to display the information via tooltips. So no more trying figure out if this particular mob drops a light hide versus a deviate scale!

And please please a GUI for the menu! An addon like this will make a girls day! Thanks so much for reading my post and hope it inspires some ideas!

Also, Gazmik, keep up your great Tradeskills mods, you inspire me!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Tradeskills specific mods