10-15-08, 10:30 PM   #1
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
Trouble With Lightheaded/TomTom

Hi all. New guy here.

After the patch, I downloaded the newest versions of LightHeaded & TomTom. I deleted the old folders from My AddOns folder and replaced them with the new folders. But now, in my character select screen, I don't have an AddOns tab in my lower left, and (obviously) the addons aren't working. Can someone give me a hand?

Thanks.
10-15-08, 11:07 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You probably installed them incorrectly. Check for folder-in-folder syndrome.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-08, 11:13 PM   #3
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
What other folders should I be looking in?
10-15-08, 11:48 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Make sure your addon's directory structure looks like this: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f..._howto_install
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-08, 12:13 AM   #5
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
It does look like that.

I just want to make sure here, but all I had to do was delete the old LH & TT folders from the AddOns folder and replace them with the new ones, correct?
10-16-08, 01:51 AM   #6
Kleo
A Theradrim Guardian
A problem a lot of people are getting is that they have 2 interface folders, and are trying to modify the old one in the Program Files folder. When the new patch loaded, there was a message saying something like making a copy elsewhere. Search for your World of Warcraft folder, it may be in /users/public/games. Try copying your addons to this other folder and see if it makes a difference.
10-16-08, 07:13 AM   #7
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
OK, so I looked, and I actually found 2 different interface folders in the /Public/Games/WorldOfWarcraft folder. One is just labeled as "Interface", the other is labeled as "Interface.20081016-025232". Both of them Have "AddOns Folders", so I tried moving the LH & TT folder seperately to each one, and it's still not giving me an AddOns tab at the character select.

Is it possible that I need to make copies of the folders, and put them in all of the AddOns folders?
10-16-08, 08:55 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It sounds like you're on Vista then. Easiest thing is to not have WoW installed in your Program Files directory. Move it (you just have to drag the folder, not reinstall) to some place else, like C:\Games\WoW

10-16-08, 09:53 AM   #9
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
Yes, I am using Vista.

OK, so I moved the WorldOfWarcraft Folder from Program Files to a folder I created in C: called "WoWGames". I've tried moving the LH & TT folders into the "AddOns" folder, and I'm still not getting an AddOns tab at character select.

10-16-08, 10:03 AM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Post the path to the toc file and/or provide a screenshot please.

10-16-08, 10:33 AM   #11
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider

If the image doesn't show (which for some reason it hasn't been) copy & paste:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...26/FileCap.jpg

Last edited by WhitePony26 : 10-16-08 at 10:41 AM.
10-16-08, 02:29 PM   #12
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

For whatever reason those files have not installed correctly. If you've only installed LightHeaded and TomTom you should see the following folders in your Interface\Addons folder:

\LightHeaded
\LightHeaded_Data_A
\LightHeaded_Data_B
\LightHeaded_Data_C
\LightHeaded_Data_D
\LightHeaded_Data_E
\TomTom

Looking at the folders shown in that picture, I'd guess that you've placed the downloaded files directly into your Interface\Addons folder instead of extracting them properly! If you're not sure what to do, then go to Seerah's 2nd reply and click on the provided link!
10-16-08, 07:50 PM   #13
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
Thank you. That was the problem. I thought the first time I had installed them, I just unzipped the file and put the entire folder in the AddOns folder. I was mistaken. Thank you so much for all your help, and thank you for being so patient with me.

10-16-08, 08:17 PM   #14
WhitePony26
A Murloc Raider
Hi...me again.

Well, I did get my TomTom & Lightheaded working. But I'm having a small issue with TomTom. I can't create a waypoint on the world map. I try to CTRL+right click, and it just zooms out the map. Has anyone else been having this problem, or know what might be causing it?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Trouble With Lightheaded/TomTom