09-12-11, 09:48 PM   #1
butlerreuben
A Murloc Raider

not the usual minimap question

It seems when i have the minimaps merged I sometimes get the blizz map taking up half the minimap and resizing it doesnt fix it and a reload does not too. Any advice?

Scaled large map

smaller version

Last edited by butlerreuben : 09-12-11 at 09:50 PM.

09-13-11, 09:55 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It appears as though you intended to add screen shots of the problem. That would go a long way to helping us to help you with your problem.

That being said: Carbonite has one map and it is either maximized (large, like Blizzards World Map) or minimized (minimap sized but NOT the minimap). Blizzard gives us three maps: The Minimap (found in the upper right corner of your screen), the World Map (the big map) and the Zone (sometimes referred to as the Battleground) Map. A technicality, to be sure, but it occasionally helps to use the correct terms when explaining something.

I'm going to guess that you might might be seeing a couple of different things.

1.) When you are going somewhere and you are either flying, or riding a very fast ground mount, you see the Blizzard minimap pop up in the Carbonite minimized map every few seconds. That same thing happens to me, and I have finally figured out that it happens (for me), apparently, because of two things: One is that I keep my minimized map scaled relatively small and the other is that Carbonites map does not scroll at a constant rate (but this may have something to do with the relative size of the minimized map and the saved scale I keep it "zoomed" to). What this does is continuously makes the Blizzard minimap (which, by the way, continuously scrolls to keep the player centered in the minimap regardless of the "zoom" setting) "touch the side" of the Carbonite minimized map making Carbonite think the minimap is being "dock"ed, and brings it to the top. Once the Carbonite map scrolls again, the minimap hides until Carbonites map stops scrolling and the whole thing starts again. Very irritating, but I can live with it.

2.) When you maximize your Carbonite map, Blizzards minimap takes over half of the map. You can solve that by opening Carbonites options to the "Map Minimap" page and checking the "Minimap hides when map is maximized" option.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » not the usual minimap question