05-11-10, 11:29 PM   #1
Sargeth
A Defias Bandit

Scroll Up in Clique

I'd like to bind a click-cast to the Mousewheel Up, while still zooming in when off a Unit Frame. Clique doesn't seem to register the mousewheel scrolling as a button. If I just bind Scroll Up to the macro:

Code:
/cast [@mouseover, exists] Power Word:Shield
...then it doesn't zoom in when I have no mouseover target. I spent an afternoon learning lua to try:

Code:
/run if UnitExists("mouseover") then CastSpellByName("Power Word:Shield") else CameraZoomIn(1) end
...and then I learned what a Protected function is. Whoops.

I figure the best way to do this is to modify Clique to accept Scroll Up as a button, but I lack the knowhow to make such a modification. Is this possible? If so, could someone do it, and perhaps show me how, that I might learn and better myself?
05-12-10, 08:31 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Clique only uses "clicks". Scroll up and scroll down are considered buttons or keys. This is why Clique does not recognize it.

Also, you can only have one thing bound to a keybind (button/click) at a time. This is why you lose the ability to zoom when you rebind the scroll wheel. Alternately, you can use Shift + scrollwheel for your macro or for zooming.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-12-10, 11:44 AM   #3
Sargeth
A Defias Bandit

Ah, so there's some fundamental mechanical difference between ScrollUp and LeftButton. And there's no way to have a button have a different function based on what frame the cursor is over?
05-15-10, 10:42 AM   #4
Chibi
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I recall seeing an addon recently that would let you bind a spell/macro to the mouse wheel up and down, would allow them some degree of dynamics (in combat vs out of combat or some other conditionals) and then would retain zoom in/out functionality if you scrolled while holding the right button down (the biggest draw for me if I could just remember which one it was to try it)

--edit--
The addon (and the fan update):
O-Wheely! & O-Wheely! Fan-Update

Last edited by Chibi : 05-15-10 at 10:45 AM.
05-15-10, 11:23 AM   #5
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just bound things to the states... scroll up / down for me is next/prev hostile target, shift scroll is friendly targets, and alt scroll is zoom.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Scroll Up in Clique