04-29-16, 08:05 AM   #141
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry

I'm a little late to the party this time around due to various irl happenings. Sorry to be that guy, but I just wanted to check since the last edit to the OP was roughly a month ago. Are tracking numbers still going out at this point?
04-29-16, 12:06 PM   #142
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
As previously stated, I'm submitting the lists every second Friday.
Though we missed a submission on the 15th. Today would've been the submission after that.
04-29-16, 01:25 PM   #143
Rumil_Dunemaul
A Fallenroot Satyr

Ah right. Thanks for that, I must have missed that post.
04-29-16, 03:18 PM   #144
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Tracking numbers 155 - 186 submitted, 29 Apr 2016

Yes, I skipped a submission. The number of authors signing up has slowed down, plus I've had a conversation with Blizz asking about when you guys are going to get in. The word I've received is that they are currently planning on a blitz invite of you guys when it actually goes to beta.
04-30-16, 12:33 AM   #145
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

So ... does anyone have an estimate when the beta starts? or the alpha ends?

I forgot how long the alpha for previous expansions was.

Last edited by Ketho : 05-01-16 at 01:03 AM. Reason: spelling
04-30-16, 12:48 AM   #146
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I think this time is how much time they want to allocate for beta and it's probably less than last time.

Beta burnout didn't help WoD with people asking for a switch to skip the run-up to starting your garrison scenario well before beta had finished.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 04-30-16 at 12:52 AM.
04-30-16, 02:17 AM   #147
gOOvER
A Theradrim Guardian

Thumbs up

Tracking numbers 155 - 186 submitted, 29 Apr 2016

Yes, I skipped a submission. The number of authors signing up has slowed down, plus I've had a conversation with Blizz asking about when you guys are going to get in. The word I've received is that they are currently planning on a blitz invite of you guys when it actually goes to beta.
Great

Thank you Cairenn for this Info
04-30-16, 02:44 AM   #148
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
So ... does anyone have an estimation when the beta starts? or the alpha ends?

I forgot how long the alpha for previous expansions was.
Content-wise, everything looks ready to move into beta testing. Addons are also up, so I'd say soon™.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Horde-side is still missing their intro scenario into the new continent. So maybe a little later than I thought.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 04-30-16 at 02:50 AM.
04-30-16, 06:40 PM   #149
Doomcoder
A Defias Bandit
Since signups are slowing down, will this at some point be opened to users with more recent accounts? I know the concern is that people would abuse it, but maybe that could be avoided with some minimum requirement of downloads.
04-30-16, 07:41 PM   #150
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Keys for normal users would've been possible back when Blizzard physically gave us keys. Now it's all internally handled via flagging accounts from a list. Besides, Blizzard is giving us this opportunity to get addon authors in early so our addons work at launch. Undermining that aspect might lead to us no longer getting keys in the future.
04-30-16, 08:05 PM   #151
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
SDPhantom actually summed it up pretty well. When I first set this up with Blizz back in 2006, it was unprecedented. No other single group gets the access that our authors get. The opportunity for authors to get in before launch so that addons will be functional when it goes live is just too valuable to everyone - authors, Blizzard (so they don't get swamped with false reports of bugs that are actually because of broken addons) and users (so your addons all work when it goes live). We don't want to do anything to jeopardize it. I hope you can understand.
05-03-16, 08:28 PM   #152
Doomcoder
A Defias Bandit
To clarify - I mean authors with more recent Wowinterface accounts, who could be filtered by the number of downloads their addons have received.
05-03-16, 10:05 PM   #153
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Doomcoder View Post
To clarify - I mean authors with more recent Wowinterface accounts, who could be filtered by the number of downloads their addons have received.
If you're an author here, take the sign-up link that Cairenn provided in the offer message and you'll get in with the rest of us, or earlier if you hit the Blizzard jackpot as some have already.
05-04-16, 12:10 AM   #154
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

The word I've received is that they are currently planning on a blitz invite of you guys when it actually goes to beta.
I assume that means the "addons disabled" phase of beta or are they going to let us get right to it?
05-04-16, 01:11 AM   #155
Doomcoder
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
If you're an author here, take the sign-up link that Cairenn provided in the offer message and you'll get in with the rest of us, or earlier if you hit the Blizzard jackpot as some have already.
Right, which gives me the error message "Sorry, only AddOn authors that have an account date before February 2nd 2016 may now apply for a key." That's why I asked my original question: since signups are slowing down, will addon authors who signed up on Wowinterface after February 2nd have the chance to be part of the beta lists at some point?
05-04-16, 01:29 AM   #156
Nevcairiel
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Doomcoder View Post
Right, which gives me the error message "Sorry, only AddOn authors that have an account date before February 2nd 2016 may now apply for a key." That's why I asked my original question: since signups are slowing down, will addon authors who signed up on Wowinterface after February 2nd have the chance to be part of the beta lists at some point?
This limitation is not in place to ensure established authors get in sooner or anything like that, since we all likely get in at the same time either way, so the signups slowing down seems to not be much of a convincing argument. Unfortunately its easy enough to sign up and generate a few downloads for anyone, hence a cut-off from before it was announced.
05-04-16, 02:29 AM   #157
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH View Post
I assume that means the "addons disabled" phase of beta or are they going to let us get right to it?
It's still alpha and addons have been enabled.
05-04-16, 03:03 AM   #158
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
It's still alpha and addons have been enabled.
Well let's hope that continues.
05-04-16, 04:50 PM   #159
ebonyfaye
A Fallenroot Satyr

i Would Think they are waiting for the horde event before going to beta to get added and then mass inv a lot to stress test the event (we and they don't want a WoD start again there stess testing on garrsions was done so late they did not seem to have time to fix it).

Word is i heard is that addons was added as they wonted it beta a few weeks ago but there is been some dev probs with the horde event. should be in a few weeks though
05-04-16, 08:17 PM   #160
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
This limitation is not in place to ensure established authors get in sooner or anything like that, since we all likely get in at the same time either way, so the signups slowing down seems to not be much of a convincing argument. Unfortunately its easy enough to sign up and generate a few downloads for anyone, hence a cut-off from before it was announced.
I think the established rules are fair in terms of regulating the authors who are eligible, considering how many people actually want to get beta access just to play the game beforehand. We all want to play the game to some degree, but I'm still going to spend most of my (at this point theoretical) beta playtime reworking my code to handle the new API and features. As Cairenn mentioned, maintaining integrity is understandably an important aspect to getting such a privilege. When this was first announced, I noticed quite a few addons that were either outdated or plain useless in the modern game getting updated to 6.2.x, which was most likely for these particular authors to match the criteria of eligibility in the original post. I hope this doesn't offend anyone who will not be eligible this time around.

Last edited by MunkDev : 05-04-16 at 08:21 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface is offering Legion Beta Invites to all of our active, registered authors