01-03-09, 09:52 PM   #1
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Rogue Ui

Here is a UI I have put together for rogue (based on the one shown on oneroguesjourney.com) and im looking for some tips to improve it or any opinions about it.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...idescreen.html

There's the link to it if you want to take a look at it.

Last edited by Riva94 : 01-03-09 at 10:07 PM.
01-04-09, 10:16 AM   #2
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
All I would have to say is raid frames are too big. Besides that it looks good.
01-04-09, 01:03 PM   #3
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

Thanks, ill make them smaller then reload it.
01-04-09, 07:38 PM   #4
Mordog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Some things i would change:
1. Remove Debuffs from Targetframe (behind Omen)
2. Targetframe seems smaller than Playerframe (height)
3. 4xDebuffs (classtimer, Hud, Tagetframe. between player and targetframe).
4. Fontsize on the Buffbars (topleft, -right) dont match the other fontsizes.
5. Move TomtomArrow to the right
6. Use the same bartexture on all frames.
7. maybe Fubar on mouseover
8. Hide Hud ooc
01-04-09, 07:51 PM   #5
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

thank you very much, i will do all that, one question though: what do you mean when you said 4xDebuffs (classtimer, Hud, Tagetframe. between player and targetframe) Did you mean there are too many places where the buffs apear?
01-04-09, 08:35 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The only thing, besides what is mentioned already, I would do is add Align. This will help you align the objects of your UI (some people are OCD about things lining up properly on the screen lol).
01-04-09, 09:10 PM   #7
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Maybe try hiding a few more things until absolutely needed. Only show omen when you're in PVE rather than PVP considering. Having Recount open all the time is a bit unneeded, open it when you're curious hide it otherwise. Remove the buffs from your personal unit frame since you have the ElkBBs on the left, a little redundant. As mentioned the raid frames are HUGE and maybe hide your FuBar on the top until mouseover and make the bar itself transparent.

Just some suggestions, I'm a fan of less is more when it needs to be, but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

- Grisx.
01-05-09, 01:36 AM   #8
Mordog
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Riva94 View Post
thank you very much, i will do all that, one question though: what do you mean when you said 4xDebuffs (classtimer, Hud, Tagetframe. between player and targetframe) Did you mean there are too many places where the buffs apear?
yes, thats what i mean.
01-05-09, 07:34 AM   #9
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Good idea, but some things make my eyes bleed
For example group 8 of your raid sitting there out of place, Recount sticking out of your bottom frame, raid display being partially over raidframe, etc.

I'm one of those OCD people though :P
01-05-09, 03:46 PM   #10
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

Lol, I'm going to go fix it up now. Thanks guys. When omen is not being displayed and when recount is not being displayed that leaves a lot of empty room in the bottom left... do you think that i should move recount/ omen to a new part of the screen and put Hitsmode (or a combat log) down there?

Last edited by Riva94 : 01-05-09 at 04:28 PM.
01-05-09, 08:21 PM   #11
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It's nice to have multiple chat windows, one for general chatter, party, raid, etc. and another for loot, combat, defense or things like that. I was just suggesting things that I would do with it if I were to have downloaded it in that current state, however you may wish to just resize and adjust the frames to fit within the area to take up any space and forgo the extra chat window. As it's your UI it's completely up to you...that's the beauty of it.

Don't take our suggestions as demands, we've made, used or are making our own to suit our preferences and needs. I'm sure should you decide to share your final creation that those who download it will tweak and play with things until they're satisfied as well. A cleaner interface never hurts, but don't let anyone shape your vision for you. Take all the suggestions, advice or "help" with a grain of salt and do what you want to do with your UI.
01-05-09, 09:21 PM   #12
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

Ive followed most of your ideas, not because they were demands but because i found that they were good ideas and that I agreed with them. Getting "help", as you say, like this is nice because it gives me a second opinion.
01-06-09, 02:52 AM   #13
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Riva94 View Post
Ive followed most of your ideas, not because they were demands but because i found that they were good ideas and that I agreed with them. Getting "help", as you say, like this is nice because it gives me a second opinion.
"Would you like a second opinion? You are also ugly!"
Man I love that tf2 quote, and whenever I read or hear second opinion I think of it

Anyway, I agree that simply hiding Omen and Recount would leave a big gap there on the bottom of your screen.
One way to deal with that is, as mentioned before, have an extra chatframe (highly recommended actually, especially if you have a talkative guild, that extra frame can be used to separate party/raid chat from guild chat ^_^)

Another way would be to resize things a bit and move 'em around to fill that gap.

Anyway, that issue aside, I like the changes you made, it looks a lot cleaner now that it's aligned nicely (this is the first thing I look at, as I said before, non-aligned things make my eyes bleed :P) I also like the new size of the raidframes, it's just perfect

Also a question .. do you raid or mainly pvp? Can be helpful when giving advice and stuff :]
01-06-09, 03:35 PM   #14
Riva94
A Murloc Raider

Ok, everything is updated and i think it looks a lot better than before! I mainly raid. I did not enjoy BC pvp but it seems like blizzard has made it more interesting and rewarding so in the future i may do more of that but for the moment i spend my time raiding. I have Hitsmode which i sometimes watch during fights so in the future i may use eepanels or something and create an area for a combat log window.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Rogue Ui