04-21-09, 08:30 AM   #1
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feature Request: Minimap HUD

I love carbonite, but have found that Sexymap brings me a feature I cannot live without.

I'd love it if Carbonite had a HUD like Sexymap that allowed me to overlay the minimap ring, compass rose included, over the screen such that I can see the yellow resource pins without having to stare at a small minimap off to the side. My mining has become MUCH more productive since switching to Sexymap.

So why ask for it here if I have a solution? Because I have two maps on screen now, Sexymap and Carbonites small map, both have their uses... also Sexymaps button management sucks, and I can't figure out how to get Carbonite to steal the minimap buttons AND sexymap to exist at the same time...

http://archive.botbh.com/zfiles/Mining.avi

Video to show what i'm talking about with the HUD.

04-21-09, 09:32 AM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Have you tried moving your minimap into the Carbonite map?

Right-click on the map or the Carbonite (C) button and select ‘Options’
Select ‘Map Minimap’
Check ‘Move Minimap into Carbonite map’

This moves the Blizzard minimap onto the Carbonite map as an overlay and they function as one.

The following video shows some ore gathering with this feature enabled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pthZX9cjoC4

In the next version you can also scale the tracking icons (I like mine a little bit bigger than default).

Hope this helps.

04-21-09, 10:16 AM   #3
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Yea, I've done that mode and while carbonites great the HUD is WAY better in practice since you are looking where you are going, not at a map. I'm not changing focus from 1 thing to another, I'm just watching where I'm going.

Using Carbonite without a HUD it wasn't uncommon for me to run into a pack of elite mobs, overagro, fall off cliffs in the old world, etc... since using the Sexymap hud I haven't had ANY of these issues... that said, they don't play nice together unless you undock the minimap from Carbonite.

04-22-09, 03:11 PM   #4
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian

Got it mostly working how I want, but the minimap spins on the carbonite map OR the HUD doesn't rotate... but close enough for me!

04-23-09, 10:12 AM   #5
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Meh, after using this some it appears that contention between Sexymap trying to render that overlay and Carbonite trying to keep the minimap inside it causes yellow resource pins to flicker at best or only be visible in crabonite at worst...

So I'm again suffering through two maps, it's livable I suppose.

04-25-09, 05:51 PM   #6
Raederle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try gathering's hud. It shows the nodes and your path through them without fighting carbonite for more.

04-25-09, 05:58 PM   #7
Zanthor
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Raederle View Post
Try gathering's hud. It shows the nodes and your path through them without fighting carbonite for more.
Right, shows POTENTIAL nodes, the sexymap/sexyhud shows the actual node pins not the potential node pins.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Feature Request: Minimap HUD