07-11-10, 12:29 AM   #1
Joeyyfire
A Defias Bandit
Question Downloading more than 1 UI on same computer possible?

Hello, im new to this so im not sure if this question has been asked or not but is it possible to download a UI for my mage and one for my holy paladin I have my mages set up but i cant figure out how to get my paladins one with out interfereing with the mages help please!!
07-11-10, 12:36 AM   #2
pauen
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Joeyyfire View Post
Hello, im new to this so im not sure if this question has been asked or not but is it possible to download a UI for my mage and one for my holy paladin I have my mages set up but i cant figure out how to get my paladins one with out interfereing with the mages help please!!
Yeah, it is possible to download 2 UIs for different chars, but I would think the only way is to
1. Find the UI for your mage
2. Set up your mage's UI
and then
3. Find the UI for your Holy Paladin
4. Set up your Pally's UI
then when you want to switch from your mage to your pally, youre gonna have to exit out of wow and back up the ui for your mage and replace with your pally's UI.

---------------------
Glyph of Mortal Strike
Glyph of Execution
Glyph of Rending

---------------------
Glyph of Charge
Glyph of Battle
Glyph of Bloodrage
07-11-10, 12:42 AM   #3
Joeyyfire
A Defias Bandit
Theres no easier way?
07-11-10, 12:56 AM   #4
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

using profiles.
07-11-10, 01:02 AM   #5
Joeyyfire
A Defias Bandit
Can u explain?
07-11-10, 02:09 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Some addons support multiple configurations through the use of profiles.

Simply make a profile if one is available (it will be in the configuration options for the addon) set everything up. Create a new profile and repeat. For addons that do not have profile support you can use reflux which emulates profiles.

Another option would be to use UI's that are complete stand alone addons like nUI.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-11-10, 02:26 AM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Please note, he's not asking about setting UP multiple UI's on one WoW installation.

He's asking about the feasability of downloading two premade UI's and using both of them on a single WoW installation - like having both Ishtara's UI and Svelte UI, and using them on different toons.

The only easy way to do this is to swap out WTF folders. The harder way is to somehow merge the SV files - but just a simple copy/paste won't work, and this method only works for those addons that use profiles systems.
07-11-10, 03:18 AM   #8
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, it's not *easier* per se, but this could help you achieve what you want, ... sort of:

Go read and understand http://www.nostockui.com/2010/03/mak...rface-sandbox/

Then just install the UI for the mage in one installation of WoW, and the UI for the Paladin in the other installation, and exit WoW completely and run the other copy of WoW for the other toon.

This is ... not the most convenient for sure. My advice is find a UI base that works for either toon (it's probably going to contain Clique and some kind of raid frame) and then just add in something to manage ports like Lunar Sphere or Broker Transit if you have an LDB display in your UI, and Pally Power and disable it for all your toons, then enable it for just your Paladin. Voila, one UI for both toons!
07-11-10, 10:18 AM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
Please note, he's not asking about setting UP multiple UI's on one WoW installation.

He's asking about the feasability of downloading two premade UI's and using both of them on a single WoW installation - like having both Ishtara's UI and Svelte UI, and using them on different toons.

The only easy way to do this is to swap out WTF folders. The harder way is to somehow merge the SV files - but just a simple copy/paste won't work, and this method only works for those addons that use profiles systems.
The profile/reflux method can apply here so it is not a totally invalid option. The downside of it is the OP will have to recreate each one to make it work. In reality the swapping WTF method would take less initial time to get running but more time in the long run will be spent changing UI's.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
07-11-10, 10:28 AM   #10
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

http://www.nostockui.com/2010/03/mak...rface-sandbox/

Try that.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Downloading more than 1 UI on same computer possible?