02-05-10, 02:53 PM   #1
khoinoor
Premium Member

Question target Talent build reading

Hello, i noticed when I target another player, the talent build showed is not correct...
If a target a shadow priest, for example, the HUD say she is "Feral Combat (0/55/16) and similar with many other characters...

Not a big trouble but was wondering if other peps experience same issue or if there is something wrong with mine

02-05-10, 03:05 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You're not alone there. People are in two minds as to the cause of this problem but to me it feels like a conflict between multiple addons trying to do the same thing. All they end up doing is referring to the information that the last successful talent lookup found not realising it was several checks back.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-05-10, 03:19 PM   #3
Brillynt
A Black Drake

The biggest offender is GearScore so if you have that installed you will not get the correct talent spec displayed.

Brillynt

02-05-10, 03:42 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The one thing that has always remained constant since day one is my tooltips will pick up the secondary spec and not the main.

The only addons that I use that will check the specs are Talented and ForteXorcist. The option in Talented for it is turned off, and the talent checker module for FE I do not have installed. I don't keep Talented turned on for my level 80's unless Bliz wipes the specs or I am changing specs... and the tooltips still read the secondary specs most of the time. I can never tell if someone standing in front of me has switched specs unless they tell me.

02-05-10, 09:32 PM   #5
khoinoor
Premium Member

ok, thx for fast answer.

I'll try to disable some of these addons that may interfere

02-05-10, 09:42 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah in my case it was probably altoholic but with the 5 level 80s with maxed or almost maxed skills etc altoholic was more important than knowing someones talents when I could ask them compared to switching toons to check something rofl

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-23-10, 09:19 AM   #7
Jordro
A Cyclonian
gearscore add on

I noticed this problem before i installed gearscore add on. In a heroic group the pictures of the other players would be labeled wrong. Like a healing pally would be labeled affliction.
Usually its not a big deal. lately I been gearing up my healadin and trying to figure out who the tank is when there is DK's, warriors and other pallys in the group is impossible until I see who pulls.
I also have altaholic and cant live without it. Maybe a future version of Nui can incorperate altaholic features into it. With 4 80's and two banker toons with their own guild banks, knowing who has what and where is very important.

Last edited by Jordro : 02-23-10 at 09:23 AM.

02-23-10, 09:36 AM   #8
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Yeah, I seem to have the same problem, but not only do I have Altoholic I also have Talented. And I would not be surprised if another one of my many addons has a talent browser as well. So for the most part I have given up on trying to rely on anything that tells me what spec another player has.

02-23-10, 10:54 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This problem *will* be fixed in nUI6... I'm just not going to invest the effort in fixing it in the end-of-life version of nUI.

TIP: When trying to figure out who your tank is in a random group or raid, look at the role icons. Same with the healer. Everyone else is a DPS.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-23-10, 02:00 PM   #10
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
TIP: When trying to figure out who your tank is in a random group or raid, look at the role icons. Same with the healer. Everyone else is a DPS.
Yeah, that's what I currently do. xD

02-23-10, 07:18 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Those don't always show up.

02-23-10, 08:11 PM   #12
Jordro
A Cyclonian
tips

no, they dont always show up
Usually whoever is in the top right or top left box for party frame is the tank!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » target Talent build reading