09-08-12, 10:41 AM   #321
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Baradiel View Post
First of all, thank you for updating this addon, since everyone says it's working for them.

Question #1, What do i do with the old carbonite addon, do i remove all of it? their name is:
Carbonite
CarboniteItems
CarboniteNodes
CarboniteTransfer

I think this is only me because i never see someone complaining about it, I was thinking about removing all the old carbonite addons, and i did, then i put the only folder that you gave us on the addon folder of world of warcraft and when i go in-game, when i press "M" to see the map, nothing happens, and i never get any LUA errors. Maybe this is happening because i removed all the old carbonite addons, please tell me what to do.
Just leave them as they are, Items, Nodes & Transfer I have not touched and have no idea if they work or not with 5.0, My fix goes in overtop of Carbonite and replaces 3 files inside the Carbonite directory so you must have 4.301 installed beforehand.

09-08-12, 10:52 AM   #322
minimaxi95
A Murloc Raider
Hello , Thank for this update but , i got a problem with it .

When im in-game , i got automaticaly this error (or when i open the map)

Date: 2012-09-08 12:50:08
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to index local 'opt' (a nil value)
Debug:
Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:2099: ToggleFrame()
[string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1:
[string "TOGGLEWORLDMAP"]:1
Locals:
fra = WorldMapFrame {
0 = <userdata>
numQuests = 0
}
opt = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index local 'opt' (a nil value)"

AddOns:
Swatter, v4.0.2 (<%codename%>)
Carbonite, v5.0.4.007
SlideBar, v4.0.2 (<%codename%>)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.0.4.50001 <us>
(ck=83)
Anyone know what to do ?

09-08-12, 10:54 AM   #323
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by minimaxi95 View Post
Hello , Thank for this update but , i got a problem with it .

When im in-game , i got automaticaly this error (or when i open the map)

Anyone know what to do ?
*points above* You must have carbonite 4.301 installed, then install mine overtop.

09-08-12, 10:54 AM   #324
Baradiel
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
Just leave them as they are, Items, Nodes & Transfer I have not touched and have no idea if they work or not with 5.0, My fix goes in overtop of Carbonite and replaces 3 files inside the Carbonite directory so you must have 4.301 installed beforehand.
So do i remove the Carbonite folder or just delete somethings inside that folder?

09-08-12, 11:00 AM   #325
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Baradiel View Post
So do i remove the Carbonite folder or just delete somethings inside that folder?
dont do anything to it, just install mine overtop and it'll ask to overwrite what it needs to overwrite (carbonite.lua, carbonite.toc, localization.lua).

09-08-12, 11:05 AM   #326
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Rythal: any idea about the bug i mentioned in page 16 here, i cant seem to get the party members quests to share, me and my wife have both your last 50407 revision, and everything works perfect, except that i cant see her quests and she cant see mine :/ The option for sharing partymembers quests are enabled

09-08-12, 11:06 AM   #327
Baradiel
A Murloc Raider

dont do anything to it, just install mine overtop and it'll ask to overwrite what it needs to overwrite (carbonite.lua, carbonite.toc, localization.lua).
Okay i just replaced them and now it works perfectly.

09-08-12, 11:17 AM   #328
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Knaur View Post
Rythal: any idea about the bug i mentioned in page 16 here, i cant seem to get the party members quests to share, me and my wife have both your last 50407 revision, and everything works perfect, except that i cant see her quests and she cant see mine :/ The option for sharing partymembers quests are enabled
gunna look into that hopefully this weekend, stuck working this weekend so haven't had time to look yet and see why it might not be working for you, prolly a dumb question but you are both on the same server right?

09-08-12, 11:20 AM   #329
minimaxi95
A Murloc Raider
*points above* You must have carbonite 4.301 installed, then install mine overtop.
No , i don't have 4.301 , first time that i install addons.

09-08-12, 12:00 PM   #330
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

gunna look into that hopefully this weekend, stuck working this weekend so haven't had time to look yet and see why it might not be working for you, prolly a dumb question but you are both on the same server right?
hehe ofc, a bit hard to be in party in diff servers
it worked fine until the patch came, with the original carbonite,
but with the fan update, the sharing seems to be dead, i also tried
to reset the settings in carbonite without luck. Its not a big problem,
but its so easyer and faster for me to boost her when i can mark and track her quests hehe

09-08-12, 12:30 PM   #331
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
hehe ofc, a bit hard to be in party in diff servers
it worked fine until the patch came, with the original carbonite,
but with the fan update, the sharing seems to be dead, i also tried
to reset the settings in carbonite without luck. Its not a big problem,
but its so easyer and faster for me to boost her when i can mark and track her quests hehe
Actually it's not hard to be in a party on diff servers, especially now with CWZ... that's why I asked just to be sure, since I really don't know if quest sharing will work with a cross-realm party or not, most likely not since they would be sending the info to 2 different realms chat channels.

09-08-12, 12:34 PM   #332
minimaxi95
A Murloc Raider
Any idea to solve my problem ? :S

09-08-12, 12:39 PM   #333
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by minimaxi95 View Post
No , i don't have 4.301 , first time that i install addons.
First, go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\" folder, and delete the Carbonite folder(s) that you will find there.

Then:
Install Carbonite 4.301. You can download it from any of these places: Carbonite(HomePage), Carbonite(WoWI), Carbonite(Curse). Then download Rythal's latest patch. Unzip it to your "AddOns" folder, and it will ask if you want to "overwrite" several files. Tell it to overwrite the files, and you should be good to go.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-08-12 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Add a link. DOH!!

09-08-12, 12:41 PM   #334
Knaur
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Actually it's not hard to be in a party on diff servers, especially now with CWZ... that's why I asked just to be sure, since I really don't know if quest sharing will work with a cross-realm party or not, most likely not since they would be sending the info to 2 different realms chat channels.
hehe ok didnt know that well, we are in same server and same guild too,
hope you find out the bug later, if not, its ok, the addon works perfect in all other functions hehe.
just would be cool if the sharing worked hehe.

anyway, thanks again for this very nice work, we all love you for fixing carbonite for mop

09-08-12, 12:56 PM   #335
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

hehe ok didnt know that well, we are in same server and same guild too,
hope you find out the bug later, if not, its ok, the addon works perfect in all other functions hehe.
just would be cool if the sharing worked hehe.

anyway, thanks again for this very nice work, we all love you for fixing carbonite for mop
Knaur, it's not just you. I've been having the same issue. There are some parts of it that are actually working though. If you hover over the monster you need to kill for x item, in the tooltip it will show the party members progress but the quest tracker doesn't show it any more.

09-08-12, 01:35 PM   #336
Drashnar
A Murloc Raider
Is it just me or is anyone else noticing party members not showing up (as dot's) on the map anymore? Not a huge deal breaker, but mildly annoying when I find myself looking for it. Thanks for all your hard work with the fan update. Me love you long time.

09-08-12, 01:48 PM   #337
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Drashnar View Post
Is it just me or is anyone else noticing party members not showing up (as dot's) on the map anymore? Not a huge deal breaker, but mildly annoying when I find myself looking for it. Thanks for all your hard work with the fan update. Me love you long time.
While I don't generally join parties, I was in one yesterday with my son and his "icon" was on my Carbonite minimized map. It was moving when he moved, so I'm figuring that it works. Well, at least for me.

You could try disabling all of your other addons and then test by joining a party to see if it works with only Carbonite enabled. If it does, there is another addon interfering with that part of Carbonite.

Just a thought, but I remember that there is an option somewhere in Carbonite (probably on either the "Map", or "Map Minimap" page) to show other players in various areas. Maybe that's off?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 09-08-12 at 01:51 PM. Reason: More blah-blah.

09-08-12, 02:17 PM   #338
minimaxi95
A Murloc Raider
@jeffy162 Thank , it work perfectly now.

09-08-12, 02:18 PM   #339
Sparkplug
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Drashnar View Post
Haven't had a problem with this and I'm just about always in a party.

09-08-12, 07:47 PM   #340
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
Is anyone else unable to see detail on more than 3 zones at a time regardless of the setting? I didn't notice until I picked up working on my archeology again, and needed to see something in a zone farther away from me than three zones. It seems, the fist three I touched show detail, but they don't go away, and I can't get any others to show.

Edit: Might have to do with the way cross zones work now. Once I go in the zone, it's like it unlocks it and I can see them again.

Last edited by Maeby : 09-08-12 at 07:57 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04