11-20-14, 02:33 AM   #1
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Healer Grid2 setup

First off I want to thank Nib and Gethe for this UI, as I no longer enjoy playing WoW without it. However, as I mainly play healers I've noticed the healing profile included with RealUI lacks indicators for hots and a few other key pieces of information info nerds like me generally like to keep track of. Since somebody else has posted here wondering about druid hot tracking I thought I would share my raid frame setup, which is based off Meluda's Grid2 Layout.

I've recently resubbed to WoW and lost all my previous settings so I'm starting over, but I'll happily share my saved variables as I get each healing spec set up again if anyone is interested. I'm hoping I can do it all on one single profile, so it can just replace the default healing profile. We'll see. In the past I just used class specific profiles and manually switched them when I switched layouts.

Resto druid rough draft.

Left side indicators plus duration count for rejuv, lifebloom, and regrowth.
Bottom square indicators for cenarion ward and ironbark.
Bottom right unit name with status colored text (class color, poison, curse, disease, magic).
Right text for status (afk, resurrection, offline, feign, etc).
Top right indicators for dungeon role and lead/assist.
Center icon indicator for readycheck and raid debuff.
Border color tracks target, threat, and AoE (highlighter, neighbors, outgoing heals), but probably needs testing because I don't know if I've set it up right.
Alpha fading for out of range.

Here it is more or less in action.

Right now only resto druid is done(ish) but my main is a healadin so it'll get done in short order as well. This is generally how I've been setting up my Grid2 frames for a long while now, if anybody is interested I can upload my saved variables or something because sharing is caring.

Last edited by Jasmer : 11-22-14 at 10:48 PM.
11-20-14, 03:53 AM   #2
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Holy pally setup @L90. Eternal Flame, Hand spells (inc. Purity), and sacred shield indicators on right, beacon on bottom. AoE tracking on border for LoD, prism, and light's hammer.

11-20-14, 04:19 AM   #3
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Lowbie monk healing, lvl 63. Currently tracking Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, and Life Cocoon. Has AoE border indicators for Torpedo, Burst, Detonate, and Wave. Also fixed mana/power frame level so it actually shows.

11-20-14, 05:57 AM   #4
tseng
A Defias Bandit
Would appreciate the Druid settings. I just resubscribed a few days ago and could use a good setup like that.
11-20-14, 10:24 AM   #5
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
So with healer frames, they have been fairly bare bones for a number of reasons. Each healer spec needs to track different things. On top of that, each player is going to want other different things or display info in a different way (e.g. bar vs text). This makes it nigh impossible to make a setup that a range of healers would enjoy, thus the healer setup has been a mostly DIY affair.

That said, I do recognise that need to have more indicators at a basic level. This would likely be just the basics like HoTs (Rejuv, Renew, etc.) and debuffs (Forbearance, Weakened Soul, etc). Additional indicators like for CDs (Life Cocoon) or AoE I think would be better off being made by the individual.

Last edited by Gethe : 11-20-14 at 10:27 AM.
11-20-14, 05:36 PM   #6
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The default frames work just fine for probably a lot of people. I just know that I'm a nerd when it comes to tracking information on my healers, and I know that some other folks are too. As a general rule I find most raid frames insufficient so it isn't intended to say anything about RealUI. My setup certainly isn't for everyone, on top of that it's kind of messy, and might accommodate things I want to watch but others might not, or lack things others want. I just happened to see a post about healing with RealUI and thought I'd share my setup once I get it set back up again, that's all.

Still might copy all my settings over to the RealUI-Healing profile, either that or figure out how to tell RealUI to use a different profile for healing so it automagically uses the correct profile when using the layout switcher. That way I don't have to manually select my healing profile every time I switch from tank to heals and hopefully eliminate the risk of accidentally wiping the profile with a UI reset.

Not sure if I should just upload my profile to wowinterface or a file sharing place and link here.
11-20-14, 06:10 PM   #7
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Unfortunately the ability to use custom profile keys for individual addons was never fully completed. The options exist in Core\AddonControl.lua (at the bottom), but no in-game config for those options.

Most convenient method would probably be to make an addon that overwrites the Grid2 saved-variable data with your own upon using a slash command. This way custom profiles can be easily reinstalled after resets/re-installs of RealUI.
11-22-14, 10:22 AM   #8
damafan
A Murloc Raider
Nice work!! Can you make one for Resto Shaman and upload the file? How do we "import" the Grid profile?
11-22-14, 10:47 PM   #9
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by damafan View Post
Nice work!! Can you make one for Resto Shaman and upload the file? How do we "import" the Grid profile?
I don't have a resto shaman. I plan on making a setup anyway, since I'll be leveling one sometime soonish but I'll have no way of testing it. Probably tomorrow or Monday.

Anyway, saved variables uploaded here.
11-24-14, 07:17 PM   #10
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by damafan View Post
Okay, going to update the profile for resto shaman today or tomorrow. What do resto shammies like to track on raid frames? Riptide? Earth Shield? Anything else?
11-25-14, 01:45 PM   #11
groin
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i don't see base profile...i copy your grid.lua like always in my saved variables..
11-25-14, 03:55 PM   #12
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's definitely there. I deleted my Grid2.lua in saved variables, downloaded the file, put it in my saved variables folder, logged in, profile is definitely there.

Either way update is pending, you should be able to re-download shortly.

I left a few profiles in to see if any of them show up for you in-game. Profiles that should be there include RealUI-Healing, Steliokontos - Bloodscalp, RealUI, Base, Eldevane - Bloodscalp, and Eldevane - Wyrmrest Accord.

Last edited by Jasmer : 11-25-14 at 04:02 PM.
11-25-14, 06:10 PM   #13
Kitten_Wizard
A Murloc Raider
So I noticed that if I change my UI profile from Healing to DPS/Tank and back, it wipes your profile out and puts in the default RealUI grid settings, and that's even if I untick the 3 settings that let RealUI manage grid settings in the profiles.

EDIT: I guess I had to remove RealUI's ability to do ANYTHING for grid to make sure it didn't revert settings back as seen in the picture. Might wanna add that to the install tutorial.

Last edited by Kitten_Wizard : 11-25-14 at 06:19 PM.
11-25-14, 09:54 PM   #14
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sorry, I forgot all about that. Been playing my paladin and tend to prefer the healer layout regardless of spec for that one. I could just overwrite the RealUI-Healing layout but I believe a ui reset would just revert it back to default. Probably still better than manually switching profiles every time you change layout though. I'll add a note to the download page. You could try copying my profile settings over the RealUI-Healing profile, though I'm not 100% sure a RealUI reset would revert it back to normal if you ever needed the default profile back.

Last edited by Jasmer : 11-25-14 at 09:59 PM.
11-25-14, 11:18 PM   #15
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

You could try copying my profile settings over the RealUI-Healing profile, though I'm not 100% sure a RealUI reset would revert it back to normal if you ever needed the default profile back.
It would revert it back.
11-26-14, 12:39 AM   #16
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
It would revert it back.
Oh nice. There's my solution then.
11-26-14, 05:59 AM   #17
groin
A Cyclonian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
It's definitely there. I deleted my Grid2.lua in saved variables, downloaded the file, put it in my saved variables folder, logged in, profile is definitely there.

Either way update is pending, you should be able to re-download shortly.

I left a few profiles in to see if any of them show up for you in-game. Profiles that should be there include RealUI-Healing, Steliokontos - Bloodscalp, RealUI, Base, Eldevane - Bloodscalp, and Eldevane - Wyrmrest Accord.
you are the best.
works!
11-26-14, 12:23 PM   #18
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by groin View Post
you are the best.
works!
Happy to hear it.
11-26-14, 06:50 PM   #19
Karyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Special characters don't seem to be recognised? Makes it hard to tell if there's something to dispel when I can't see their name.

Also that happened when I use the RealUI profile in dps.

Last edited by Karyy : 11-26-14 at 08:05 PM.
11-26-14, 10:39 PM   #20
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Karyy View Post
Special characters don't seem to be recognised? Makes it hard to tell if there's something to dispel when I can't see their name.

Also that happened when I use the RealUI profile in dps.
Yeah, it's the font that's being used. You can try changing the name indicator font in Grid2's options. Right now it's using Pixel Cooldown, and given the size of the frames a pixel font is probably the best way to go since the font is so small. I might change the status indicator to border and add a new one for AoE neighbors. Which font are you using in your chat frame if I might ask? Seems to support alt characters, maybe I can use it for names.

As for your DPS profile moving the frames, I don't know. It doesn't do that to me. Does it only happen in combat?

Last edited by Jasmer : 11-26-14 at 10:42 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Healer Grid2 setup