11-21-10, 11:14 AM   #1
Orko
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Animated or sliding action bars????

Hello everyone!

Was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I am making a new version of my UI --Orko UI--- and want to have some bars that slide into place when you hover over them. I currently use kgpanels to show my art and Dominos for my actionbar addon.

Basically wanna have a hidden bar and when you mouseover it slides onto the screen. Ive seen it done in other UIs but have no clue where to begin. Thought it might be a Kgpanels script but can not find anything on it. Its pretty hard to find scripts for the panels cause they are all over the place LOL..

Thanks for your help in advance!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path -- and leave a trail.”
11-21-10, 04:41 PM   #2
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
May wanna take a look at http://svn.norganna.org/libs/trunk/SlideBar/ I think thats what you are looking for.
11-21-10, 04:51 PM   #3
Orko
An Aku'mai Servant

Ah yes I have seen that one before with the Gatherer suite I think. What I am speaking of is the normal action bars. I have an art panel that give the actionbars a background to sit on. This is done with Kgpanels. I have it to where just a little piece will stick out the side of the screen and when you hover over it I was wanting it to slide open and not just appear as it is now.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path -- and leave a trail.”
11-21-10, 05:03 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Ah yes I have seen that one before with the Gatherer suite I think. What I am speaking of is the normal action bars. I have an art panel that give the actionbars a background to sit on. This is done with Kgpanels. I have it to where just a little piece will stick out the side of the screen and when you hover over it I was wanting it to slide open and not just appear as it is now.
Umm I could give you the code to make it Slide Out. But the on hover I wouldn't know where to start.
11-21-10, 05:54 PM   #5
Orko
An Aku'mai Servant

Oh I would appreciated that! The way I think it worked with other UIs was the actionbar itself had its Alpha set to 0 so it was only visable on mouseover. But instead of the bar just popping up to full alpha the kgpanels would still slide into place.

11-22-10, 11:04 AM   #6
Deadmau5
A Murloc Raider

Can u post the code if you dont mind? been looking for something like that
11-26-10, 09:36 AM   #7
Sauerkraut
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I believe HissyUI has a feature like that for his side bars. You may want to have a look to see if it does what you are after.
11-26-10, 09:56 AM   #8
Vlad
A Molten Giant

All this sliding business using animations widget API works somewhat, but in combat it may fail sometimes. :/ It does that to my code at least, thus I gave up trying to make frames slide in and out.

Also Skinner does not like that, kind of breaks it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Animated or sliding action bars????