09-12-07, 07:02 PM   #1
Sweetgummy
A Defias Bandit
Red face Need help with a Warlock mod plz

Hi all I'm very new to the mod thing infact downloaded my first ones tonight tyvm to all the hard work you authors do to keep the mods up and running and create new mods for those of us not talented enough to be able to create our own.
I was wondering if the author of this mod
LyLockV1.4.zip
is currently active and updateing mods....
if not was wondering if possible for someone to update or come up with a simular mod.
I would greatly appricate any help on this! and ty all very much in advance for ur time.
or at the very worst if someone could explain in the simplest possible terms how to update it and i'll sure give it a shot lol.
09-12-07, 07:27 PM   #2
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
First of all link to the site where you got it. filenames don't do much good alone, especially if it doesnt link to the mod

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...locksRule.html

there, now thats out of the way on to point 2.

2. Well there are some mods that do emote (yell for the most part) on their imps to come upon summoning and many locks in my guild do use this mod, however i do not know what its called. But it is actually possible to make a macro of it.
It would look something like this:

/y Come here you damn imp!
/cast Summon Imp

All this at the click of one button. As for making several yells and making them random i don't know. I suspect there is a way to do this with macros aswell but it is a more complex one that i don't know (not that good on macro making yet)
But ill bet there is a mod out there that does this better for you if you look a bit more around, try searching for different things.

Last edited by malcite : 09-12-07 at 07:31 PM.
09-12-07, 07:34 PM   #3
Sweetgummy
A Defias Bandit
Okies sorry I downloaded it here
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...locksRule.html
when i downloaded it to use it I went to the addon screen and it says its Incapatible.

It looked like it was really neat an useful stuff thanks again for the help.
09-12-07, 08:02 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Right - anything from before 2.0 (back in December) is incompatible. Check out ShardAce or Necrosis for "all in one" warlock needs. Necrosis does more than ShardAce, so it all depends on what exactly you want it to do. (If all you want is to say things, and nothing more, get GemSay from over at Curse, though this is more directed at malcite, who didn't know of a mod that did only that. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-24-07, 11:34 AM   #5
Sweetgummy
A Defias Bandit
found Necrosis thanks so much for the help guys

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need help with a Warlock mod plz