11-02-13, 05:19 PM   #1
Mashugana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Docking, merging, and basic concepts that confound me

If I understand it correctly, there is only Carbonite Map - not a mini-map and large version. So when you 'merge' the map into your mini-map you are really taking the big carbonite map and laying it over the defauilt minimap.

Is that correct?

And then, what is 'docking'?

Thanks - sorry for the basic questions but I freaking love this add on and just can't quite tweak it because I just do not understand the basic concept.

11-04-13, 11:26 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, Carbonite has only one map. You don't overlay the Blizzard minimap, but rather merge it with Carbonites map.

Docking refers to the minimap while in the Carbonite minimized map. You can even (or could, I don't know since the options were changed) offset the minimap so you can see both maps at one time.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

11-05-13, 03:09 AM   #3
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You can even (or could, I don't know since the options were changed) offset the minimap so you can see both maps at one time.
Yes, you can still do that in the present (5.4.0 Alpha 2) version.

Last edited by JWMcQuire : 11-05-13 at 03:16 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Docking, merging, and basic concepts that confound me