Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-12-12, 04:21 PM   #11
Lunchbox.Charlie
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
It is now. The "copyright" expired last year.

What makes you think anyone feels entitled? What sort of asinine assumption is that?

Many of us don't have to wait for it to be debugged. We have Rythal's fan update that actually works.

It's not about "first version after the patch". So my reply to that... really?
I have to say this:

How long does a copyright last?
The term of copyright for a particular work depends on several factors, including whether it has been published, and, if so, the date of first publication. As a general rule, for works created after January 1, 1978, copyright protection lasts for the life of the author plus an additional 70 years.
source: copyright office
I don't agree that the authors should be milking people but just because it says "Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Carbon Based Creations, LLC" It means nothing. So last I checked it hasn't been 70 years since they have died since they are still very much alive.

However, I have checked with the copyright office records and it's not a purchased copyright so the most they can do is make you take it down legally, they can't sue you for monetary value.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwe...&CNT=25&HIST=1

Last edited by Lunchbox.Charlie : 09-12-12 at 04:30 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.0